335 vs. M5

Traveling down road xxx on my way to the office and find myself next to a newer M5 (e60) with some dealer stickers still on it. Younger guy out on a test drive I presume.

The bmw gods came down and made the next light change yellow putting us first in line at the light. We chatted at the light, I told him how hot that car is. He then said " thats a 335 right? it should have some power " I agreed and asked him if he wanted to run. He said yes and we waited for the light to change…

We took off from the light (I am on snows) and I put a car or two on him by second gear, running through 3rd, I still had him by about a car (starting to realize now that its sketchy as hell on snows) shifted into 4th ran a bit more and shut it down, He was gaining a bit in 4th and would take me at higher speeds for sure.

Overall, good run, happy with the 335 and the procede :slight_smile: and :tup: to that guy for making my trip to work much more fun. Wondering if the traction control got the better of him at the light or just a heavy foot :wink:

Cant wait for summer again.

PS: that M5 was hott and sounded very good.

Did you both have your ear pieces in?

^ :lol:

Stereotypes… funny because they’re true.

No, as the factory bluetooth takes care of that :wink: but cool shades and some northface gear should cover it :lol:

:tup: nice

:tup: good run.

:lol::lol:, Pretty much

Thats great:lol:

Is the NEW m5 Faster than MPD’s car? :wink:

X…

Depends on settings in the iDrive. :wink:

I will add that I finally saw an M3 sedan in the flesh and my god, that car is spank bank material:eekdance::eekdance::eekdance: SOOOO hot, the flares standing from the back looked like they could hide a Vietniemese family with comfort.

^ werd, I love the new M3 sedan, Will be a nice car to pick up on the used market in about 2 years.

Good kill!

niiiice even if it’s akin to cannibalism :smiley:

Sooo, you looking for any window sales reps?

this is jeller driving his 335:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2226/2136703349_d28b615675.jpg?v=0

and of course… someone set up a cock-o-meter when Jeller and the M5 drove by:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2136703337_f303dd017e.jpg?v=0

Very Nice ^ :rofl:

Explain.

If the car wasn’t in sport (with aggressive shifting), wasn’t on 500hp mode, wasn’t set to launch mode, it would get absolutely crushed. But if it has all that stuff on, I’d get crushed.

I did not know that, good info for when you test drive one :wink:

Me neither, but with 500hp it runs 12.8 @ 115 in the 1/4, about on par with what you might be running currently, so I’m guessing it was on. I’m gonna guess the 400 hp setting is more like 13.5 @ 10x

X…