2006 M5 top end > Neon top end...yikes

So Im cruising back home, and I see this BMW cruising up behind me at light speed. I let him fly by, and notice the M badge on the back. I just continued cruising, then thought, what the hell…one of those once in a lifetime things since I dont drive my car much.

Gear down into 4th, and catch up to him. Traffic slows down because of some clown driving 20 miles below the speed limit. Traffic finally opens up, and the lanes are clear as day. He hammers it…stupid me still in 5th gear…then thinks to downshift to 4th, hitting 20 PSI easy. Got up to around 150 mph, and he was still creeping away from me.

Might have been a bit closer if I was running the race fuel (and a few more psi), but at $3.13 per litre, I only run it when Im at the dragstrip :lol:

But damn those new M5’s fly!!

you could have had him…if you were paying attention to your gears;) :lol: nothing but love for you Scott;)

ughhh i love M5’s … i dunno only Bimmer i really have a thing for for some reason

however top end runs of 170 are much more fun :wink:

v10 secksssssssss

what color was it? I saw a white one last night :tup:

:tup:

haha give me a break. Im getting old, and Im a little slow on the downshifts. :lol:

This one was silver in color.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he said they are electronically limited to 155? If thats the case, I would have probably started pulling him in since Im limited to ~170’ish. Im still surprised how solid the srt is at 150’ish…didnt even feel like it. :tup: to a quality SS coilover from TEIN.

But yeah, those things are hawt.

mmm…v10 and 7 gears.

Mmmmmmmm5 :slight_smile:

meh, good death :tup:

if I had to have a be-all, end-all whip, that’d be it (or like I was tellinh jhenty, an SRT-8 Magnum). price might come into play here a wee bit :smiley:

I’d still take a last-gen M5 just for the styling. sooooooo perfect. someone sweated those character lines.

I think the Earth would have stopped rotating if a Neon beat an M5…

the E60 M5 is pretty damn quick for a 4000lb car, it is a pleasure to drive and especially to shift into 7th gear!!!

yea, a dude in my neighborhood just upgraded from a leguna seca blue M3 coupe to a E60 silver M5…its so pimp.