34" Sony 1080i HD Flatscreen CRT w/Stand

I am posting this for my brother. He and his wife had there first child (Congrats to them :)) and they want to re-arrange their living space. Meaning, this needs to go. This is one of the nicest CRT TVs I have ever scene. Purchased brand new in 2005 from Stereo Advantage in Williamsville.

Still works excellent. No issues since it has been purchased.

Sony 34" 1080i HD CRT
Flatscreen
Very Good Condition
Original Remote and Books included

With Original Stand

TV Specs
Sony Wega 34" CRT Flatscreen
1080i HD…(Yes 1080i)
Height 25.5"
Width 40"
Depth 23"
Weighs approx 100 lbs

Inputs:
3 Composite (1 on front)
2 Component (Y/Pb/Pr)
1 HDMI

Audio Out

Stand Specs
Height 18"
Weighs approx 30 lbs

Shelf Size:
Height 6"
Width 29.5"
Depth 18"

The Bad
Minor, very minor, cosmetic damage of bottom front edge of TV (See below).

Damage highlighted in Red. Hard to spot, but it is there.

Asking $300, Firm.

Call: 716-870-8639
Email: keeper4lax@gmail.com

Ask for Corey.

Located in Cheektowaga. If you need help transporting it I have a Truck and so does he. We may be able to work something out.

Enjoy!

Sidenote/free bump: Where/ for whom did your brother play goalie for lacrosse?

Additional bump… how hard was he hit in the head playing goalie in lacrosse to think he’s getting $300 for a 34" CRT? :lol:

East Aurora Blue Devils HS 1999-2000. He got MVP both years.

I realize is sounds steep…but there is a HUGE difference in a 1080p LCD and a 1080i CRT. Picture quality is worlds different. All the sales right now are for 720p TVs. Also, check out prices on a 1080i LCDs, if you can find any. This is a elite Gamers/Movie/HD TV and a steal at $300.

For those wondering:
1080p - Progressive Scan Image
1080i - Interlaced Image

Feel free to do fact finding but 1080i is the best picture, bar none.

Good question JayS.

I thought P was better than i ?
Just the first couple articles I found on google
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/1080i-vs-p-which-is-better.html

Regardless gl with the sale
For someone looking for a tv with a stand this could work well

The 1080p is a newer technology. The image is refreshed as rows (up and down) 1, 2, 3, 4, etc… but the processor needs to work faster. It is an excellent picture tough.

With 1080i the image is refreshed 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc… then refreshes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc…giving you a crisp picture, in half the time. Clipping and distortion are almost non-exsitent.

Then again Samsung 1080p may be better than Pioneer 1080i. But, is Pioneer truly 1080i? And, is the signal really at 1080 resolution.

I personally disagree with this:

Gaming consoles like Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) or Microsoft Xbox 360 require a 1080p video mode TV. DVDs and BluRay discs provide superior picture on 1080p video mode. However, HDTVs are also compatible with 1080i video mode display. So my verdict is the following. Opt for 1080p as it is by far the better technology overall if you are buying a new television. 1080p technology is a bit costlier than 1080i, but it is worth the extra money with the excellent picture quality it offers.

Most DVD players, Movies, and HD Digital Cable Broadcasts (Outside of Golf and Nascar, WTF!!!) don’t even reach 1080 resolution.

So which is better…well I guess it is a matter of opinion really. I will say this. The TV was top of the line when purchased and for a HD 1080i TV with Stand, $300 is not a bad price. If you pop a 1080 movie in a 1080p LCD and then into this side by side I bet you can’t tell the difference. But you will see smoother framing on a High-Def signal and in Games.

I appreciate your info. Keep it coming if anyone else has questions/concerns.

For example, Time Warner and most DVD players are not even formatted to 1080p.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Just got a call…SOLD.

That was fast.