4.3 Vortec Misfire

It’s probobly an injector.They are known on those to go with prolonged poor fuel usage.I know you can pick one up off of mike dietzel cheap.He had the same problem.

its a spider inj they dont go ,oh and ya need to do all at once and it is like 4-500 bucks new …unless ya can still get em individualy at adv still i cant remeber

so cap rotor and wires is my next step if the gas didnt help

John, if u wanna check it out for me, that would be cool. Today was my day off, i wish i thought of it. I woulda swung by ur shop

p/m me your num and ill get ahold of ya this weekend

PMed

Fixed.

needed a new Distributer, Cap and Rotor.

Whoever put the old cap on, stripped out the tabs on the distributer so that the cap wouldnt be tight. and it was kinda popping off the distributer, causing it to run like shit.

so all new parts = truck runs awesome

thanks everyone.

who is the man !!!i told ya kid dont listen to half these asses on here remember everyone is a tech on the internet,put em on the spot and they fail .but glad i could help

haha. well i dont think everyone knew it was Standard. so the TCC thing woulda been possible if it was automatic.

only way i caught it is cuz i decided to try to change the cap anyway. Found it loose.

but yes. Thanks john for putting up with my like 20 phonecalls today. hahaha

it aint no thing ,oh and the trq conv shutter is only at 40-50 at steady spped and will throw a tcc code not a po300

Oh thats fucked up.I really only work on cummins,dietroit,powerstoke,and duramax.Ya know BUSSES,Because I am a diesel tech.But anyways I mounted your intercooler yesterday.Shit looks badass.I’ll have to send ya a pic.

wasnt talkin bout you

I was kidin ya!LOL.

all right ,was talkin bout another nimrod thinkin a po300 was caused by the tranny function

The car is on the road today with your intercooler.looks awsome.Ask 6spd eg.He saw it today.I’m trying to figure out how to get pics on here now.

no shit how did it fit for ya

crazy good actully.It looks amazing

i seem to remember saying it was secondary ignition breakdown from the beginning? :excited :Idiots :wtf

s10s dont have injectors they have fuel metering pumps with tubes attached

congradulations, you brought back a pointless thread.

that doesnt matter any more since the truck has a blown headgasket

well I brought it back because i was suffering from the same problem in my personal vehicle
I found my problem to be a bad intake gaskets due to the dex cool eating them away and there was actually a gm recall for it but its no longer offered just wanted to chime in just incase someone searchs for this same problem