Need Help. Honda help.

93 Civic ex started misfiring today after I started it on a cold start, started driving it right away and sense my feet were covered in snow, my foot slipped off the clutch. A voilent few jerks happened and as soon as I acclerated, it started misfiring. With only 20 minutes to be to work, I pulled the plugs and threw in some NGK’s from advanced. Cleaned up the issue for about 10 miles, then it started back up. It doesnt do it on cold start until it warms up to optimum temps. Then it does it anywhere under 20% throttle, and over 30-100% throttle…If you floor it, it literally doesnt move. If you keep the throttle the same, it runs fine. As soon as there is a throttle increase, it breaks up. Sounds like a damn Suby.

Could it possibly be a TPS sensor or a sensor of some sort? It does needs new 02’s but they wouldnt affect it like this. Wires looked great, so did the distributor cap.

Anyone have any suggestions?

buy another cheap beat honda?

LOL

I would like to make this one last about 2 more months before I dump it! It runs like a champ (until now)

lol sorry for the bs

swap a b18 in it! j/k i had this happen in my silver car mult times and the plug wires would pop off the dizzy under rapid accel!

fuel filter, wires, cap rotor, coil, bad gas… list goes on for days, you need to do some more pokeing around the car.

Needs dizzy

sell it to delucia. problem solved.

Start with cap/rotor/wires, same deal happened to my Corolla. I initally changed the fuel filter which was OEM and TOTALLY FINE with 180K on it. I’ll never change it again.

197,7xx stock fuel filter. still going strong.

ssmokinnnn. look for loose wires and what not. hondas need good grounding or they do not run at all or if youre lucky, run like junk.

most likely faulty D series dizzy.

+1

Yea dude, don’t even bother changing it until you are certain that it’s causing problems. I ended up having to make a new peice of fuel line, etc. Toyota’s are notorious for fuel filter threads seizing, shit, it happens on every Supra, even if they have never seen snow/salt.

no intentions sir travis. she runs mint. had her up in the air, and the notorious toyota fuel line rot skipped my car completely. must be from being in texas from 97-02. i might try running a batch of 89 through her to see if she likes it.

Good to hear that the lines look good. I had to replace my brake lines, and of course, doing that disturbed the fuel line and I had to replace a section of that too. As you know, the first place they rot out is at the rear bend where they go around the body, towards the front of the car.

I havent looked at the Distributor very well, but is it all plastic like my 95 Blazer was?? Basically, just a plastic cap?

it has 208k on the car.

Yeh how much

Yea plastic, 3 screws holding it on, but try and get a socket on em if you can if they haven’t been removed in awhile they will strip out. I bet it needs a cap and rotor :wink:

LS1/6 swap?? :lol

K20 > *

Indeed - the philips head gets destroyed easily- on both cap and rotor. I want to say like a 4 or 5mm head.