93 Civic Del Sol SI (D16z6) No start

I really am clueless when it comes to honda’s, can work on VW in my sleep. And im sure there are honda guys who can do the same so help me out here.

THe car had issues about a month ago so I replaced the Distributer (brand new) Wires, Cap and rotor. he drove it for a month, and now it got towed back with a no start, as far as I can tell its no spark, at the coil. I not thinking it was the distributor as that was just replace but I suppose it could be…

When I first turn the key I hear the 2 clicks, CEL comes on and goes off… then I tray to start it and it just cranks. I hear the fuel pump so it is deffinitly a spark issue.

SO help ???

Make certian it doesn’t have spark, if it doesn’t the issue will most likely be the ignitor, hondas are weaksauce like that

The Dizzy is brand new… think it could have failed?

Any one have a Dizzy I could try?

too bad you’re not in rochester.

I’ve had every ignition problem imaginable, including buying a brand new, complete, distributor assembly from NAPA which turned out to be shit. I would get 2 miles down the road and the thing would over heat and crap out for two hours.

Also, the main relay might have gone bad, it causes similar problems when it does.

I dont think its the main relay as I hear all 3 clicks. I just sent rockauto an email I unfortunately am 1 days past the 30day return…

Does it have spark?

No there’s no spark…

that thing is fucked dude, sell it.

to me.

I would go with a different dizzy the ICM are hit and miss with aftermarket distributors imo. I had bought a brand new dizzy from autozone lasted about 5 miles before the ICM got to hot and shit the bed.

ya it was the Dizzy, I had to return the rock auto dizzy, they said I may get a refund 2-5 weeks after they recive it. I picked up a new one from Autozone. and the car now runs and drives :slight_smile: