HELP!! car not starting problem

So my car wouldnt start, it would spark and had power but no start. Figured it was the starter considering ther is 200k on my car and it has what looks tobe the original starter. 160 bucks later and a new starter still the same problem. I did notice though that there is like this arc, like an electrical arc or spark coming from the dizzy cap from right where this metal prod is on the distributor. It actually goes through the plastic of the cap and i can see i. Does this mean i need a new dizzy? new cap and rotor? Im confused :frowning:

would help if you posted what car this was.

1999 honda accord, but rly it wouldnt, when it comes to this kinda stuff its kind of all the same

id start by taking your dizzy apart, checking to see if theres any indication of shorts or burns on anything, see if anything is cracked or not sealing right.

new plugs and wires and new cap and rotor and its still doin the same thing. WTF!!

its still not starting, or it’s doing the arching shit?

nvm lol, forgot to plug the power back in to the dizzy after i replaced the cap and rotor :uhh: hah she starts right up now…

just a future note to point out. If your starter makes noise and you hear the motor trying to start, there is nothing wrong with your starter.

LOL. Guys my engine won’t start so I installed a new long block and it still won’t start!

UPDATE: Oh silly me I was outta gas all good now!

Lesson: Start with the small shit before you go pulling big shit.

wow, you should be embarrassed as im sure you are.

meeh, no harm done, just took it back and got my money back for it. I mena its not like there wasnt something wrong with it, i just diagnosed it incorrectly, so shoot me!