d-series swap problem

ok 91crxsi’s heaggasket shit the bed in his beater, he got a spare d15 which we had to swap everything over onto, including the dizzy. we got it all together and go to fire it up and it wont fire up, turns over fine, but just doesnt seem like it even wants to start. we thought we had the plug wires setup wrong, which we did, but even when we fixed that still nothing. motor is getting fuel and wen we set plug #1 on the cover got spark from it. im not rly a honda guy, but i thought maybe the dizzy was 180degrees off, we pulled it off and it wouldent even fit in when turned 180, so we figured it had to be in right. any suggestions? all wiring is hooked up, it seems liek an ignition problem to me, like its not sparking at the right point but idk just looking to try and get this thing running again

try transfering the icm’s in the dizzy’s
seriously

its the same dizzy that came off the old engine… spark plugs, wires, and dizzy all came from the old engine

both engins are d15’s from DX civics…

the starter turns the engine over but it doenst even sound like its attempting to fire up even tho we saw spark when we pulled a wire out and had it on the valve cover.

try all the wires? maybe one or two are not firing
GL

ok in problem solving an engine check fuel and spark first … is it getting fuel is it getting spark (on all 4 cylinders)

firing order is 1-3-4-2 the plug wires follow that order on the dizzy … one is usually the top right hand corner as i remember

last time my civic didn’t start if you remember, i had spark, and it would crank but not catch. same as what it seems is happeneing to you. changed the ignitor, same thing. changed the coil and it started right up. maybe out of nowhere your coil just took a shit, probably not but ya never know.

did you guys put the timing belt on right

Call me tomarrow in the AM Ill come take a look at it,

if you have spark and fuel, then its timing.

engine at tdc, cam level with head witht he “up” end up

^ fine dont call me, whatever

dont worry i’ll give you and john d a call tomorrow… cuz i NEED my car back

but there was fuel to each cylinder b/c we pulled all the plugs out and they were wet from fuel being shot in there and nothing igniting it

uh, there are different marks on the cam gear for different d series. they are NOT all level with the head. you may want to double check the helms.

i was just going by wat matt (91crxsi) said. the cam gear had the two lines going across on either side and the word “up” on one end, its a d15 out of a 92-95 dx i belive?

ok for the timing i lined the single timing notch ( 0 degrees ) on the crank pully up with the little arrow on the timing cover.

then for the cam it clearly says UP and then there were the two lines on the cam gear that were parallell to the head

you didnt mix up the map and tps connectors did you (they are the same)

ughh, im gunna go look at it now.

would that cause it to not even start tho?

sometimes