spark, fuel, not firing

okay, i put a p13 ecu in my car and it still doesnt start. it gets fuel and spark but doesnt fire. i let the car sit for a second, then i turn it in the on position and you hear a big BOOM. the motor shakes, is this the fuel and air igniting on in the chamber? the car doesnt fire at all when i have it at WOT. please help.

At WOT a Fuel Injected motor will not get fuel. I am going to say timing is your problem.

i havent messed with the timing, so i know its not that

you don’t have to mess with something for it to go bad.

so it just went bad for no reason? i havent touched the cams or anything.

if its an H22 it could very easily go bad if you haven had the “auto-tensioner fix” taken care of.

how could have it gone bad, the dizzy is spinning when i crank the car over, so the timing belt is good

Is Dak helping you with this?

nope, whose dak?

sometimes the timing belts like to jump a few notches. i would take the plugs out, line the main pulley up to TDC and and check the cam timing

hmm ill go check it out

that is the tell tale sign that your cam timing is off, basically it means that you are igniting some of the fuel with the valves open.

EDIT: is this the team vertigo car?

yeah its the team vertigo car :confused:

also i know the cams arrows are supposed to be pointing up but there isnt an arrow in the crank pulley so i dunno when cylinder one is at TDC there are 4 circles on the pulley next to each other, does this have anything to do with it?

there should be some sort of indicator on the pulley. its usually a little notch or dug out circle or sumn. 4 circles prolly have sumn to do with it

you should download a service manual, that would tell you how to check it

i cant find anything on mitchell, also why is my motor so easy to turn over, i thought it was supposed to be hard, i can do it with one arm and im not that strong lol

what year/type of car is it

are the spark plugs still in?

it shouldnt be tooo hard

93 accord with an H22 swap, plugs are still in.

Now i found on mitchell that you pull that plug from where the tranny and block meet and turn over the engine until you line up a line with a mark and that tells you that cylinder one is at TDC. theres a problem though, there isnt a mark on the flywheel. how the hell do i find out, do i have to pull the head?

its not a the flywheel you should be looking at. its your underdrive pulley. there is definitely some kind of small notch on it somewhere

there isnt anything.

ill bet money that there is

but alas, if you dont want to listen to me, i have another solution.

take out the spark plug for cylinder #1(farthest to the right)

take a screwdriver and put it down in there, now rotate the crank by hand and watch the screwdriver, you will be able to see when it gets to its highest point. that is top dead center, find top dead center and check your cam timing.