HELP!!! HONDA GUROOO's and don =)

ok so I have a 95 honda civic hatch
it has a fresh hydro b16 tranny
I just pulled the old tired b18a out yesterday and put a new (not just new to me but brand new OE) b18b
Have PR4 ecu
Factory harness

The issue is Crank, No start, no spark

Timing is on, Brand spaking new OE dizzy, new plugs/wires, good signal from ecu, good grounds, good fuel pressure, new injectors, good compression…

Upon inspection of dizzy I recieve signal to the 2 wire plug (proper voltage) and signal to the 8 wire plug (although there is only 7 actual wires)… removed cap to test the 2 wires going to the Ignition coil and there was perfect resistance .7ohms… I did not expect there to be any issues with the dizzy b/c it is new…

BTW the dizzy was sourced from a 1993 acura integra (new)

the engine does not use a crank sensor on the block (like later year blocks) it uses a TDC/CRANK/CYL in the dizzy (which is new)

I tested the resistance AT THE ECU from pins B15 and B16 (Crank) B13 and B14 (TDC) and B11 and B12 (CYL) with perfect readings…

A friend allowed me to sub in a known good ECU from a 1993 integra (MT) with still a crank NO START condition…

so i am bangin my head now…

wtf…

From my understanding the P75 up to 1996 and PR4 are the same
the B18B engine I have (new) is obd1
the dizzy came from a OBD1 acura integra box

this just reminds me of having all right stuff to make a great pizza and it still comes out like shit…

HELP please

if you want to try a obd1 p75 i’ll let you borrow mine, that the only idea i have

i thought you burned bridges around here…

The known good that I tried today was from a 1993 Integra and it was stamped P75

and No start still…

Also im sorry I am not in buffalo…

I am now in a galaxy far far away so any help that can be given online would be great…

I have access to every part known to the honda world and a shop with every tool known…

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

if you want to cross post into the section titled drama go ahead…

but this section and this thread is specifically for technical help…

enjoy your posting in the drama section…

well technically im not that concerened…

do you technically have anything else to do at 3am

because by giving me all this attention your making me kinda excited… however not as excited as you get when you see newman in his tight pants

thanks tho!!!

Check your ground wire on the thermostat housing.

thanks for the advice, I did…

still no workey

Actually I have many many grounds (all of which are good)

u still rock that white hatch with the siqq wheels??

No, it’s maroon now and in a million pieces. I also have a gsr hatch that’s black, but getting repainted gray.

OK, couple things for you to try. I know you said you have no spark, but I’m going to ignore you. :slight_smile:

Try swapping speed sensors. I’ve seen a few cases where for some damn reason unknown to me, this is a problem.

Check dizzy firing order. I’m sure you probably have it correct. However for shits and giggles, switch around the order from ccw 1-2-4-3 to ccw 4-3-1-2 with 4 being where 1 was. This would fix it if by chance the dizzy was assembled 180 degrees out of time due to someone messing with the piece of the dizzy that mates to the camshaft. I’ve also seen this multiple times.

Also, try cranking the car with the throttle to the floor (this disables fuel injection in most modern vehicles) to possibly burn the fuel in a flooded engine.

If all that is still a no go, triple check that damn thermostat ground, perhaps move it to the other location on the t-stat housing.

Are you 100% sure its a no spark thing. Have you considered main relay failure and your pump isn’t kicking on?

edit: thought of one more thing…dunno if for some odd reason you had the map sensor and tps sensors unplugged but perhaps you have them switched around.

ok so i decided to read ecu pinout charts today…

the pins that go from the ecu to the “crank” part of the dizzy were reading fine from the harness to the dizzy, however testing the wires from the dizzy harness plug back to the pcm showed strange results, even know all the other wires in the 8 pin plug (7 wires) read fine…

i pulled my ecu and tested at the pins, and same result, only pins acting funny were the “crank” ones…

i opened my pcm to find this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17287[/ATTACH]

so i beleve i need a ecu =)

now im asking myself why the ecu that i tried the other day didnt work… :stumped:

what is that little green stick of ram lookin thing that is burnt… what actually does that piece do?? it looks like there is another next to it that is the same…