Need Help. Honda help.

Had this same issue when I installed a chipped ecu on my car. Ended up being a faulty o2 sensor. In my case the ecu ran fine with the 02 unplugged but like shit with the ecu plugged in. So check your O2 sensor

see this makes more sense to me then the cap and rotor thing…

car runs normal on a cold start until its warmed up…which goes from open loop, too closed…open loop doesnt run off o2’s, where closed does.

I might try to unplug my o2’s today and see what turns out.

i had the same problem, it turned out to be the coil, best thing to do is get a new distributor there cheap for Ds

whole distributor? or just the cap?

pull the cap and look at it and the rotor, if they are fine put a dizzy on it. they’re like 3 10mm bolts.

Buy some Tenzo R wheels.

Just check that O2 thing first. I had everyone and their mother telling me cap, coil, dizzy and replaced all that shit and it was the O2. IF it was the dizzy itd would just happen when the car warms up

Toss a set of wires on it. If that doesn’t help, pull the cap and see what the windings inside the distr. look like. If you can find a used distr. to borrow for testing, that would be best.

ok heres the deal…

I put a new cap and rotor on it. Let the car idle for a while, it was fine. Few miles down the road, it started doing it again. So I unplugged the o2 sensor…still doing it.

however, now its only doing it with anything over 50% throttle…cruising, its just fine.

Now, Im thinking just to throw new wires on. If that doesnt fix it, maybe the cat is plugged??

it only does this when the car is hott…when its cold, it runs good.

Hmm. All these honda people saying dizzy.Find somone to swap with for a couple minutes to check to make sure it’s the dizzy or not.Hondas are known for that.

cats not plugged, def ignition problem from the sounds of it it’s breaking down under a load…

you could try wires but i bet its the dizzy

I just replaced that and its still doing it!

The distributor itself, when the cap and rotor were off looked brand new. No wires were corroded or anything.

wait… you replaced the whole dizzy!!!

no

cap and rotor only.

The dis. itself looked like new tho.

deff a distributor problem, try and find someone that has one and throw it on to make sure. Im gonna put my money on the rotor in side the distributor is whats bad, had the same problem on my turbo DC2

:slight_smile:

Cap/rotor/wires need to be done at the same time (if all the same age)

you do not have to replace wires when you do a cap and rotor.

You don’t NEED to wipe your ass when you take a shit, but it sure helps.

:lol

What’s up with the dumpy Honda dizzys? If he replaced the cap and rotor and still has the issue, the actual distributor can still be bad? Whats left to be bad on it?