my civic runs like poop.

details-

95 civic
b18a
ls hydro trans
p75 ECU
stock injectors, ignitions stuff, ect ect

it hasnt ran for a few days. hoffman came over to take a look, he cleaned the connections on the dizzy and it fired right up. left it idling for a few minutes, ran fine, idled perfect.

decided to take it for a drive, it was running good for a while. once it was warmed up, i got on it a bit, and it started missing past 3k or so :frowning:

eventually it just kind of started running like crap all together (missing, stauling, ect.) after it staulls it fires right up, and runs fine for a bit but eventually starts idleing down and dies.

any suggestions?

might try cap and rotor cheap and easy start

cap/rotor/plugs/wires

and possibly need new coil or ignitor

this def try the plugs and wires

but it runs fine until it gets warm, i was reading the coolant temp sensor can send bad info to the ecu causing the wrong amount of fuel making it run like poop once it gets up to temp?

i was under the impression if the coil/dizzy/ignitor was bad it wouldnt run at all?

also, plugs and wires are literally a few weeks old

hm are the plugs gapped correctly.

O2 sensor closed loop issue?

Just let it sit for a few hours, tried to start it, it won’t. Pulled a wire, no spark. :frowning:

is the dizzy/coil/ignitor sold as all one unit?

replace the coil first, see if that fixes it. i might have a spare in my basement.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I do have a spare. U wanna fix it tonight? I can bring it to you.

check the main relay aswell.

Ieatpaint thanks man but I’m leavig for NC tomorrow am. I’m just going to let it sit till I get back home

Let me know if you wanna try the coi when you get back, I don’t need it, you can just have it. It’s like 3 min to change it.

Mine was like this a couple months back only it would run better once warmed up. Replaced the distributor cap and rotor, plugs and wires and it was fine after. I’ve always been told the coil is one of the last things to go.

Try changing the clutch…

or getting your blinker fluid flushed…

sounds like ignitor. Very typical problem. however, it won’t hurt to try coild first, way cheaper than an ignitor.