1st time i've been cockblocked by a civic

OK Honda guys now that I’ve got your attention

CLIFFS:
-Girlfriend brought car over for oil change
-A 97 civic will run with a 1/2 quart of oil in the motor and a spark plug gap greater than .090
-I told girlfriend to hit the road

My crazy girlfriend brought her car over for an oil change. When she brought the car over the CEL was on along with the oil light. I drained 1/2 of a quart of oil out of the motor. Upon further inspection the other 3 quarts of oil had already vacated the motor via a faulty valve cover gasket. In addition I pulled the plugs to ensure the motor wasn’t excessively burning oil , only to find the electrodes to be flush with the insulator. Now it misfires at idle and will sputter and die at random intervals. She motherfucked me for putting new up to spec parts in her car, causing it to run worse than it did before, yet she refuses to take it to a shop to have the CEL taken care of. I told her to hit the road
:jam:

ummm awesome? so what do you need the help with?

oo you told her.
cool

Is she hot? Is she rebounding?

That’ll learn her!

Male seeking recently dumped GF (if the goods are good) driving a 97 Civic with valve cover gasket leak

so do you need help … if she needs help

tell her to give me a call 480-5491

ask for mike

but it sounds like you did something wrong… it should run fine if you did everything right is sounds like you F ed the plug order

are you sure the firing order is right? Sounds like somethings not getting spark? You find out what code is in it? Cup size and how nice is her vag

All i did was pull the plug wires at the plug end. I put a touch of anti seize on the plug threads and dielectric grease on the connector end. The plug wires are factory, so that would have been my next guess.

just remember, in her eyes, it is all your fault.

what kind of plugs did you use?

what was the CEL for?

noodz?

EDIT: no particular order for my questions either

lol…
Its probably just the exhaust bearings starting to go bad. :slight_smile:

New plugs + wires should do the trick…ohhh and 4qts of oil :slight_smile:

I used the matching ngk plugs, then for a double check I put the old plugs in 24hrs later and it did the same thing. I don’t have a clue what the CEL was for. No noodz

honda motors will run even if you piss in the oil fill, im srs ask me about it

oh and they’ll run with no radiator for like 3 hours before overheating, pretty crazy

apparently the motor got used to being neglected and treated like shit and adapted to said conditions

what happens when you treat a girl like shit from the start then all of a sudden one day you start playing the nice guy? girl loses interest and goes away. lesson learned?

maybe you should try putting the old plugs back in AND draining all but 1/2 qt of oil back out

EDIT: make sure u put the OLD oil back in

… or try doing a compression test, its possible that the engine is just beat and the old oil was so old and thick that it was aiding compression by creating a hydrolock effect between the rings thus keeping the pressure in the cylinders that extra split second longer hence now the misfire. It sounds stupid but this is why the shit you can get at the parts store to “stop smoking and help restore power and compression” in old beat engines is just fuck heavy oil like syrup

LOL I’ve heard that before “I don’t need a radiator it’s winter!”

noods, then kill her. / thread.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10

this should take care of your problem,

if not that, then this…

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=8