4.3l intake ?

does this look like an intake gasket was leaking.

Was going to do the head gasket but it looks like it is just the intake gasket is shot.

t looks like it is just the intake gasket took a poop.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/cshady911/Picture017-2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/cshady911/Picture014.jpg

are you talking about the ports that the coolant flows through the head?

it does look like it, but could be spillage from when you pulled the manifold off…also think about it like this, do you really want to pull it all apart again when you find out it’s the head gasket?

exactly as i stated corey,. just do them both, head and intake, save you soem time.

and again, call me i will help.

4.3L intake gaskets are NOTORIOUS for leaking

and it looks like they were… on the plus side, your almost there do a new HG and IG and your set for another 50k

I cant do the head gasket do to the previous owner doing something with the pwer steering. the bolts that hold the bracket on the head and motor are rounded completly.

Belive me i wanted to do the head gasket. I would have never posted this if it wasnt for that problem.

But it only took me an hour to pull it apart. And i was eating and on the phone while i was pulling it apart.

I also only need this to last another month them i am putting in a brand new motor.

Also when i pulled the bolts for the intake they where soked with a oily residue.

yeah the, the intake came right off with no force. there is a oily residue around the port.

Also the gasket was cracked.

not good, lol

yes i know.

It doesn’t look like anything than a high mileage 4.3l. I would say that if you were having a problem with the intake gaskets then replace them. I have not really ever heard of head gaskets going bad on these engines unless they have been severely over heated and even then it’s a stretch.

i had a 4.3 from my old 97, the intake and head gaskets were shot with only 69,000 miles on it.

thats because it was soaked with water.lol.

I have never had the motor go past 210. i am finished for now i am going out to find tdc and putting the new wires plugs in and im a relaxing.

We will see if its the head gasket.lol.

All i can say is for a 94 this was the easiest top end i have ever taken apart.

Knock on wood its only the intakes.

Thanx for the info fellers.

now i know who you are :wink:

my truck never went in water?

import muscle, how do you know who i am by having had a 4.3?

Dave i thought it did when you where trying to pull me out?

I remember your dad being pissed when it came home muddy. told you not to get the shit all over the drivway.

its def the intake unless it got hot then possibly the heads do these all the time

ITS ALIVE. HA HA HA.

sweet

FYI

I just picked up a 1988 GMC jimmy 2 door 4wd with an immaculate body (and a 2.8L :frowning: ) for only 350 with a blown motor… i may be joining you guys out there this spring :wink: