$40/hr hoist tool and shop rental?

Would any of you guys be interested in something like this? maybe between 30-40$ an hour, supervised by yours truely.

The 30-40 an hour would include supervision, advice, use of hoist and tools as well as certain materials like brake clean etc.

I know when I was working out of my garage there was a lot of stuff I could have really used a hoist for, or some helpful advice and always wanted a local place for this.

Would you guys have any interest in this? Remember this would be for 5-6hour jobs at most no weekly projects or anything like that.

I don’t think it’s gonna work dude. Cause people here will do a KA=>KA swap for 3 bills, and they bring their own hoist, etc… In the time that it takes to do that swap, the hourly fee would have worked out to be about the same as if you had someone come over and do it for you.

not engine hoist

car hoist

and its for anything, not just engine swaps

want to change suspension and you need tools and advice, or whatever youw ant.

anyways when i dont have clients booked up i might offer my shop for service like this if i can get a good release form written up

Car Decor Garage just off the 403 on dundas offered the same thing a hour for 20 bucks just because the only guys coming in were the ones who wanted to do oil changes in the winter and grease nipples etc etc. If they asked for any more money a hour people would just hit up Mr.Lube/Jiffy. 20 bucks is a bit more reasonable without allowing customers to use their products(brake cleaner, lithium grease etc).

your own garage in st.catharines starts at $10 an hour for a bay with air tools and then a hoist is like $5 more an hour. that was last i checked

omg where can I find those in scarborough or at least in toronto…

:expressionless:

ok so maybe 30$ an hour i’m thinking

this is a good idea, i’d definately come next time i need to swap out my diff, doing shit like that or painting your frame on the driveway pure fukken sucks, thats a good idea sasha

I agree with the some of the others that $30 - $40 is alot. There is a DIY garage in Windsor, it’s $10/hour for a bay and an additional $5/hour to use the lift and that is with access to all hand, air and electric tools. I’m just stating this for comparison sake.

yea dont get me wrong i agree

however there isnt anything like this around us toronto boys that i know of, as well you dont get supervision and advice. plus its also nice to be able to use some brake fluid if you need or some windex and shop towels without having to pay out your asshole.

the thing is it just wouldnt be worth my while for 15$ an hour, when a place is setup for that sort of thing its way cheaper to run then just as a side thing you feel me boys?

Plus you never know i might get in there and help you and then youd be getting labour rate for free :shock: :stuck_out_tongue:

there is a DIY garage in brampton that rents the hoist for $20/hr and charge $3 for air supply. If you wish to use their tools you have to rent them. If this is $30 with air and tools included then I would say that it is a decent price.

it really depends, if you have a larger gangster ish sign then i would be suckerd in, but if you have a small niagara/guelph style sign then i probobally would not bother.

hmm last year or something I remember a diy garage opened up on hi27 just around rexdale

no I didn’t investigate, just saw the signage

Sounds like a good deal for most of the pavement kingdom kids on here that didn’t grow up fixing shit in the back yard… oh wait… whats a back yard again?

What is this a --is it a bargain or not-- thread?

Go for it! You’ll get people I’m sure.

i heard there was one of these type of garages in the east end near Q beach.

I guess you have to sign a waiver, cause had to get a hoist licence 2 years ago for work.

You live in Grimsby, you HAVE a backyard.:stuck_out_tongue: Most places downtown Toronto barely have a place to park the car, let alone work on it.

i would be interested in this if it was around $30/hr
there are lots of times i wished i had a hoist to make things easier/quicker.
it also depends on location and hours of availability.

:lol:

You live in Grimsby, you HAVE a backyard.:stuck_out_tongue: Most places downtown Toronto barely have a place to park the car, let alone work on it.[/quote]

My point exactly! That is why I think this would work in that area.

Cool idea i also think 40 is a bit steep, considering you can pay a mechanic to work on your car for 60 bucks, or slave away yourself for 40, if it were me i’d just pay someone to do it if it came down to that. For like 25 it seems reasonable.