420a turbo ecu program

I wouldn’t say megasquirt is a risk. I think its alot better than using a rrfpr for fuel and a piggy back for timing.
The problem with megasquirt is you won’t be able to get get the car inspected unless you covert it back to the stock ecu. If you have any questions about the set up send me a pm.

[quote=“reliant_turbo,post:19,topic:39781"”]

97eclipse420a, i admit that you should do a little more learning about what is available and some of the theory and application about turbocharging or have someone help you that has done this before.

UB, who cares if anyone is impressed. if its fast and you like it, thats all that matters. :slight_smile:

risks… performance in general is a risk. :slight_smile: thats why i pointed him to rs-autosport for a prebuilt and pretested unit.

though I wouldnt risk pushing the stock rods, you guys are underestimating them. alot of folks pop them due to shoddy tuning and a lack of adequate knock detection.

they are the same dimensions as a stock turbododge LW rod (though the big end is wider on the 2.0L… ) and ive seen quite a few 12 old school td’s on Lightweight rods. now the turbo 2 rod, thats a different story. 500whp is pretty safe on those. too bad the 2.0L has a wider big end of the rod, you could use SRT rods and turbo 2 rods then. the length is the same.

Brian

[/quote]

srt rods are the same length? I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure its the pistons that are interchangeable. The 2.4 block is taller than the 2.0. Either way you can’t use srt rods in a 2.0

[quote=“intense98rt,post:21,topic:39781"”]

The 2.4 block is taller than the 2.0. Either way you can’t use srt rods in a 2.0

[/quote]

truth.

From what i understand, in order to pass inspection when running megasquirt, you have to plug the stock injectors back into the ecu. i could be wrong tho. its been a while snice i’ve read anything to do with megasquirt or 420a’s.

97eclipse420a you have a pm.

maybe they are a different length. ill have to look again. I just know the biggest factor is that the big end of the rod is too narrow on the 2.2/2.4/2.5L vs the 2.0. you can always make up the difference with a different piston.

Brian

[quote=“97eclipse,post:22,topic:39781"”]

From what i understand, in order to pass inspection when running megasquirt, you have to plug the stock injectors back into the ecu. i could be wrong tho. its been a while snice i’ve read anything to do with megasquirt or 420a’s.

[/quote]

yea, you would need to put stock injectors back in and all the wires would have to be connected back to the stock ecu. Including injector,coil, cps, tps. Then you would have to drive around for awhile before you can get it inspected.
Also, since you only plan to run 8psi you don’t really need to get a 1:1. 500-600cc injectors should be enough. I’m running a walbro 255 and srt stage1 injectors(577cc) static. I think the most duty cycle I saw was around 70% at around 14psi.
I also recommend a lc-1 wideband

yea i would prob inspect it myself after i fix my other problems like my evap leak cause i ran my gas line out my bumper and shaved the gas cap and now i have a evap leak and shit but iwould prob do all that before ieven threw the turbo on i ran around all summer with my temp inspection sticker on it cause the mil was on cause of the leak , but i dont plan to do that again so i gotta get the leak fixed and then inspect it then most likly do the turbo.

i took off all my evap crap, helps the car run a lil richer keeps me in the safe zone =), dont forget to block off that egr valve while youre at it!

hmmm gonna ahve to try that no check engine light huh ?

i got my ways lol

lol well fill me in here

inspections are easy when youre an inspector =p

i am a inspector i mean u can get all the monitors to set except that one and still pass but i dont have a scanner for my mitsu just ford

pm me and ill explain…