4g63 torque plate

Hi all, just wondering. does anybody here have or know where to rent a 4g63 torque plate? not looking to drop 350~ on a torque plate im going to use once… maybe boxersix?

Thanks in advance !

have you tried asking hunts or xlr8 (noels machine shop)?

ive talked to noels in the past… no go, they said they could make one… i could buy one for 280 from Jm fabrications, just looked.

How about your buddy Raef or whatever his name is?

if he had one i would not be asking here

yea bubbling fender paul. get with the program

I do not haveva 4g63 plate sorry

I may be interested in sharing the cost. I may be able to find a 3rd.

If I can get the geometry I can make one. Just don’t have the time or motivation to map it out right now. I don’t have an immediate need but am planning on freshening things up for next season.

I can definetly make one but would need a head gasket for measurements. even a old one would work. cost depends on what you want as far as thickness and material ie stainless vs mild

Find shit g head. Punch out CCs. Mill down deck a bit if needed

A torque plate does not need to be a fancy piece of milled billet steel to do what it needs to do. You are only putting the deck under stress so the bores are in operational alignment pre bore/hone. Nothing better to do so than the actual head that goes up top…

Billet torque plates are for repeated useat machine shops.

All inall the liklyhood that you will notice a diffenece on this motor with or without is very small. These plates hine when youre building a very low to zero tolerance engine, which a 4g63 built for boost is definitely nowhere near.

Take my comment as you see fit

yea thats what i was reading. the blocks are pretty robust and there isnt much flexing to them.

funny you mention an old head. i’ve got a pretty fubard head that came off the car. couple cam journals are scored along with a couple blown out holes from when the HG failed on me lol