4G63t Compression Numbers

Hahahaha, I think I found my boost leak:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/39/l_2ae47f090cbd48588be6ea8334b5838f.jpg

Bypassed the IC ghetto style for now since I have a FMIC setup to go on anyway I didn’t want to fix this POS. Idles a billion times better now, test drive soon.

-TJ

Wow. That’ll do it :bigthumb:

EW DAT IC BLEW OUT LIKE WHOA

told you. haha

haha, im surprised it even ran like that. one time i did that to an IC on my old car, it wouldnt idle at all

x2

Ask Dennis and Jay what happened to my VPE FMIC (twice!) :slight_smile:

Garrett core was great, fucking shit ass thin end tanks ballooned and then split. Car had to be towed the first time. Second time, split wasn’t as bad, stumbled the car home.

The biggest advantage to a blow-through setup is the ease of limping home in the event of pressure-side failure.

Wooooord.

Yeah… it ran but sounded like it had gigantic cams and chugged black smoke. Piggy rich son. And it felt like it had a rev-limiter at 2500rpm. LoLz.

I’ll be going blow-through w/ a GM MAF once I start putting the mods on (and a nice FMIC). I just wanted to get it running well “stock” so I know I have a solid starting point.

Granted at this point every problem I had would have been fixed by putting in the aftermarket shit (cam timing off, I have HKS 264/272 to go in so I would have fixed that then - blown-out IC would have been replaced by FMIC) but I didn’t want to put the gigantic pile of parts I’ve accumulated and have it still run shitty and have NO idea where to start tracking it down.

-TJ

:bigok:

On behalf of Pittspeed, we thank you for not being an idiot and coming back with 60 questions for no reason because of doing things backwards.

Well since you bought a DSM, you’re bound to have a pile of parts in your garage for quite some time, possibly the rest of your life. But you seem to be doing your part to make the car run properly and not be a stereotypical DSM owner.

Rock on.

dont be a pussy and just man up and get the EMS

comp numbers def look good. i think service limit is in the low 130s or high 120s and jjji think the service manual says 173 for perfect compression so your golden. a boost/vac leak is def a possible cause of your high idle as well