4L60E Shifting question

Any of you ever had an issue with a 4L60E that seems to “bump” after a 1-2 shift only under light acceleration? I’ve noticed my truck started doing this. It doesn’t do it under heavy acceleration or really light acceleration. Only when your in it like 25% throttle.

Guys on Trailvoy.com and offroadtb.com say it’s common and that it’s no real danger to the tranny.
Just curious if any one here has heard of it or experienced it

yupp happened in my 04 4wd 1/2ton silverado… didnt start until about 85kmi were on the truck. poured some lucas oil stop slip in and it totally went away. tranny never had an issue AT ALL and i worked that fucker hard from 50kmi to 115kmi when i got rid of it…

its very common on most of the newer 4l60’s in trucks and suv’s

I have a 2003 chevy with the 4l60e and mine does the same thing. I guess the 1-2 accumulator piston and spring have problems, and its completely accessable by taking the pan off. I’m looking into doing mine soon since its really beginning to annoy me now.

Mine had a firm 2nd gear shift all the time. under moderate throttle people would ask if I had a shift kit. “Toomanycamros” put my old trans in his camaro and it wouldn’t move… Don’t know if it had a more serious issue or if the pump was damaged during removal, transport, or installation…

Lucas stuff works good. I used it in a beat 200+k 3.8 supercharged car and the trans shifted like new again. I would drop the trans pan and do a filter change. Pull the lower trans cooler line going into the radiator and drain that as well. Replace with a AC delco filter and do not use synthetic fluid. I have used up to 3 quarts of lucas with good results but I would not recommend filling more than 50% of the systems capacity with lucas.

I also use lucas auto trans fix in my T56 mixed with syncromesh.

Yea I wanted to do the same thing. I just don’t like messing with transmissions. I’m gonna look into having that done and having the filter changed. I know the fluid has been changed but I have no idea on the filter

sorry forgot to mention when i added the lucas i did a fluid flush and new filter at the same time. should solve your problems man!

are you referring to the “flare” that happens? If so there is a problem with the valvebody where one of the check balls wears into it and thats what causes the flare. needs the updated valve body.

It’s like a bump. It shifts into second and then a second later it feels like it shifts again, or bumps

I didn’t know 4L60 accumulators were accessible from the bottom. I did the Home Depot shift kit to my 4T60 by shimming the accumulator springs and adding a length of steel dowel to shorten the bump stop height. I have done this with 2 GTP 4T65E HD trans and my most recent Grand Am 4T60E. The little car shifts good now. Breaks a tire loose going into second gear when it is wet. Plenty of BANG for a 3.1 car. LoL

its what they call “slip-bump” very common on these trannys with some miles . basically it is a slight hangup in the solenoid changover . best bet is to flush it . not a drop and fill but a full flush with a cleaner

Idk if mine can be flushed, cuz I made my own cooler lines, and they aren’t really accessible…

Any danger to the tranny tho John?

Hey does anyone have a 2wd 4l60e w/ LS bolt pattern laying around? Its fine if it needs rebuilt.

immediate , not really most of the time . when ya start seeing it flare its time to worry . by flare i mean when it han
gs before shifting or it slowly
slidesssssssss into gear

I don’t think it does any of that
All the shifts are pretty obvious

this.

:rofl

What are you looking to pay? I’ll sell you mine when I get my G6 rollin’ again.

What are you looking to pay? I’ll sell you mine when I get my G6 rollin’ again. I’m going to be tossing a 4L80e in at some point.

THE CHEAPER THE BETTER PM ME