-4's STI > GT500

Was coming back from the gym and a GT500 passed me going the opposite direction at WOT and I can hear the supercharger screaming. As luck would have it, there is construction on XXX st and a huge line at the light, so I decided to turn around.

On the long way home the GT500 guy was going the same way. He must have seen me behind him because at several of the lights we stopped at he kept revving his engine and doing a small burn out while we were in traffic. BTW those supercharged V8s sound awesome! Car appeared to be stock. Stock rims and appeared to be the stock exhaust as the note wasnt too loud. Had the Cobra badge in the center rear and SHELBY on the drivers side rear.

So, we make it through town and through all the lights and finally get a chance to line up for a quick roll run. He says something to his passenger and they kind of grin and he looks straight ahead again and keeps blipping the throttle as I get next to him.

I drop to 3rd gear at about 4000rpm and start to nudge a little in the lane next to him. He downshifts and we go for it and I pulled on him pretty quick while I can hear his supercharger screaming again. I wind out 3rd and then hit 4th and get a quick look behind me and I have about 1-2 cars on him so I let off. I am assuming he didnt like this too much as the next light we reached he pulled a quick right without stopping at the red and took off without even saying hello… :lol:

Kill #2 of the season -4s STI > GT500

noice! nothing like a turbo 4 taking out a supercharged 8! what kind of power are u putting down? any times at the track?

Definitely a good kill :tup:

Never been to the track. I would like to go, but I am afraid of breaking something with a hard launch. I just put a bunch of $$ and work into my car this spring and cant afford to break an axle or something right now. Tuned at Innovative and put 346whp on their dyno. Tuned aggressively and then backed off on the boost as I am still on the stock bottom end.

Thanks! I looked it up, it was the older body style making 500hp/480tq

Niiiiice I miss mine so bad sometimes. My outback has paddle shifters though so its totally faster.

Blasphemy!

those are nice numbers! what turbo are you running? im HOPING with a decently aggressive tune and my new injectors to be making around 320ish awhp, maybe more lol

teehee… sorry

ATP3076

If you are getting tuned at Innovative, their dyno reads super low. If you are on the stock turbo, 320whp wont happen. I was running 100% meth on the stock turbo and TMIC with a TBE and ported headers and only made 280whp. Stock STIs on their dyno read 200whp. Although Mike just tuned a newer WRX here with a very similar set up to mine and it made 300whp. Check his blog in the tuner section.

Nice Kill!

oh i know his dyno is gonna break my heart lol if i can make 300ish whp on his thats good enough for me to be honest…that 09 he tuned had equal length headers with an up pipe and a bunch of other things…i wanna see if i can get the car as close to 300 whp without having to go too crazy on mods…right now the car has a TBE, FMIC, short ram and a walboro…before it gets tuned it’ll have 650cc’s and a 3 port EBCS and possibly, POSSIBLY an external WG setup and meth lol depends if i wanna do that this year or just wait bc ill def need a clutch lol