First 4.0 Whipple on GT500

:excited

Many have been following our build from the beginning. Which started out as a brand new bone stock 2010 Black w/Grabber Blue striped GT500 has now turned into a monster. It was the same UPR Mustang Dyno which we were only only a short while ago pumping out 421rwhp stock and 486rwhp with a custom tune and offroad x-pipe. After that we took the plunge and decided to bang out everything all at once. We were especially excited as our 2010 GT500 is the first production GT500 ever to have a 4.0L Whipple on it as well as the first production GT500 to use the same crusher inlet which comes standard on the 2010 Super Cobra Jet.

The results were 779rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. If you’re not familiar with a Mustang Dyno they typically read 10-13% lower than a standard dynojet. That’s because the Mustang Dyno actually calculates the weight of the car and loads the dyno to simulate real world conditions. We were using C16 fuel and saw peak boost of 21.5psi. No real cooldowns. Air temps today were in the low 70’s with humidity around 72%.The car was using an Innovators West 10% overdrive pulley and a 4.0" upper pulley on the supercharger. That’s the largest pulley that Whipple offers meaning we’ve got a lot more room to go. Wait till we throw on the 3.5" pulley!! For now we’re going to tidy up a few things and hopefully make our way to the track next week.

Be sure to keep your eyes open as you’ll see a lot more details about the build and the parts that we’re using in up and coming issues of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords compliments of Mr. Steve Turner. Thanks Steve!!

Here’s what our build consists of:
We decided to pull the stock 2010 GT500 motor and replace it with an all aluminum built race motor by Al Papitto. From custom cams and pistons to billet I-beam rods this motor was built to make some serious power. It didn’t stop there as there was extensive head work done by Chris @ Champion Racing Heads. We topped the motor off with the massive 4.0L Whipple supercharger with the custom Super Cobra Jet Crusher inlet and Whipple’s Monoblade throttle body and CAI with 123mm MAF. 80lb Injectors and a Triple Walbro return style system featuring Fore Precision Works fuel hat, fuel rails , Aermotive Pro-Series regulator and filter supplies all the fuel we need at the moment.

The cooling system consists of the Revan Racing/C&R Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with Dual Puller Fans, Lethal Performance Intercooler Pump Upgrade kit featuring a 55gpm waterpump, Reische Performance 170deg thermostat and a Moroso Intercooler Reservoir.

The drivetrain consists of the stock TR6060 transmission, Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit, Mcleod Steel flywheel, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and a DSS 3.5" aluminum driveshaft.

Our front suspension consists of a BMR Fabrication lowered K-member, BMR adjustable A-Arms, BMR K-member support brace, QA1 Adjustable struts and a QA1 front coil over kit.

Our rear suspension consists of Steeda Upper and Lower control arms with Upper mount and lower relocation brackets, Steeda Panhard Rod and Brace, Steeda Torque box brace, QA1 adjustable shocks and Eibach sportline rear springs.

Dress Up items include Project 321 Engine Bay Cap Set, Project 321 Billet Coil Covers, Moroso Coolant Tanks, Lethal Performance Hydro Carbon radiator shroud, fuse box cover and hood vent.

Wheel and Tire Setups Include:
STREET-True Forged custom 3 piece Chrome Sebrings 20x9" F 20x10.5" R.
STREET- Stock GT500 19" Rims and Tires
RACE- Bogart GT Series 17x5" F 15x10" R with Mickey Thompson 28x15" Slicks and Hoosier front runners

:rockon

Thing sounds NUTS!!

I cant wait to see this thing on higher boost levels. That car is perfect imo, color combo is TITS

holt shit.

Kinda impressive, I guess. Supras can make ~200WHP more on the stock bottom end, the same fuel, and less displacement…

:hug

Shoulda tossed it on the stock motor and see where she let go before swapping the new one in. Oh well, very sick, love the color combo for some reason :rofl

very nice!

well… more boost im sure

yah…

and theirs no difference between a 500whp Supra and a 1000whp Supra…they both run 10’s.

ever hear that saying?

Kinda like there’s no difference between a stock Camaro SS and one with 346whp/341wtq when SSSSMOKIN’s driving?

lol

deff sick!

This coming from the driver of a 116 car that can’t get it into the 12’s:haha

I ran a 12.5@115 the first time down a 45 degree track on my first ever pass in a Toyota.

Try again…

1000whp Supra’s are running low 9s high 8s IIrc.

But yea, any car with that much power traction/DRIVING is an issue.

Sweet car adam, I’d like to see highway pulls of that.

i love the new GT500s. Too rich for my blood though.

Sounds sickkkk

It would have made the same on the stock motor actually. They built it up to push the 4.0 as far as it will go, like it said, they are on the lowest boost setting possible.

Factory 500 motors have pushed over 1000rwhp fwiw…

2JZ’s are an 18 year old motor though.

And I’d like to see what that can do on 93 pump!

Guys are running 650-750whp on stock motors on pump. The 4.0 isnt as efficient as the smaller blowers until a TON of boost is being pused through it. A 3.4 Whipple would actually make the same if not a little more power at the same boost levels, and the torque curve down low would be ALOT bigger.

it has extensive port work done to the head so idk if it would make the same power. i wouldn’t go as far as saying it would make the same on a stock motor. maybe on the stock bottom end.

don’t tthose come with manley rods from the factory?