5/10/08 - NYSpeed Photoshoot EVERYTHING IS SET AND READY TO GO FOR SATURDAY

Renzo I hate you…

Do you realize may 11th is Mothers day?

yes. It will only be a short meet. But we may change it because I didn’t actually realize it at the time.

EDIT: NM i just posted without reading anything new but i echo the concern for a date change.

how about the day before then the 10th?

also does anyone know where blue cross blue shield bulding is or central police services? i heard they are decent looking buildings for a possible backdrop

OR do we want a backdrop of lots of space to create a shorter depth of field

i’m changing it to the 10th…

10th sounds good
any ideas of where pictures will be taken yet?
or are they a surprise?
and when is money being collected?

might not be able to make it on the 10th depending on the time… brothers graduating from UB on the 10th so ill be at his ceremony

still working on the spot. If we don’t have a spot at the end of this week, i’ll hate myself haha.

then i’ll collect money once that is set.

what time is the ceremony?

5 IIRC, so by 4 we would probably be leaving to head to the ceremony

might cut it close depending on location. Sun has to be where we need it.

i know where the bcbs building is but good luck getting a good shot in. the area behind hsbc arena is very sweet too and there is a nice industrial bridge that we can take pics on too. I’ll snap a few pics tonight on my way home.

i havent gotten to close to them but ive been thinking about the windmills over on route 5 as well.

I haven’t been able to get near the windmills either, I went out there the other day and didn’t see a good way to get near them but i’ll try again.

The area around HSBC is way overdone, so that’s out. like I said before, we’re trying to find a spot that isn’ on NYSpeed on a weekly basis.

where is that bcbs building? is it just that new hospital right beside the 190

I’m #10. And yes, I am invisible.

well its not a hospital but yea its that building that was recently built by the 190north.

ah ok. I’ll scope it out more today, but it didn’t look like the best place for a shoot.

agreed

additionally might want to check out ohio and childs street.

on a side note i was using google earth to try and find a way to the windmills and came across a heavily industrial area off of the hamburg turnpike near commerce

I think i may have found the route to get to the windmills but im not sure exactly how we would get in… the windmills were built on a portion of the old bethlehem steel plant… so we could get as far as that on lakeshore rd. We’d have to go down there in person though to see if its gated off or if wed encounter any other obsticles along the way.