5 SPEED QUESTION

Can you use a 5 spd from a 90 sohc to swap into a 95 dohc auto-and what else would have to be done-will the s13 d/s work-its from an abs-WHATS THE BEST ADVICE GUYS YOUVE DONE MORE CONVERTS THAN ME ??Thanks Darren

Man relax, take a breath.

The transmission should be the same from single slammer to dual. I think the splining on the abs driveshaft is different but I could be wrong. You may be able to fit it if you use the yoke from your non-abs. But again, this is just speculation.
You will need in total:

• Tranny
  • Flywheel
  • Clutch and applicable parts
  • Driveshaft
  • Clutch lines
  • Slave cylinder
  • Master cylinder
  • Clutch pedal
  • Brake pedal (or cut yours)

That should be all you need for a swap, but honestly man, just search 5 speed swap and you’ll have more info than you can wave your shifter at.

Thanks bud there is no panic Im just preparing ahead of time.I just completely disassembled a 90 5 spd and was curious if or what I can use.If its a smarter route I will aquire the necessary parts.I have 2 other s13 5 spd abs cars so the parts will never go to waste…or I will trade/sell to get the proper shit.My biggest question was will the tranny work as I have only ever owned Piggys and this is my first 95 which is auto dohc obviously.Thanks for your input.

Np man. Good luck.

Hey man thanks and im in Gravenhurst if I can ever lend a hand let me know

you will need the proper harness for the trans. and your car wont start unless you tie the neutral safety switch wires together its a lonley plug on the bottom of the fuse box thats beside the battery. there 2 12 gauge wires white and black i think. anyways you need the plug off the auto one. and just cut and put the 2 wires together. just a note. cause i have done this exact swap…

thanks for your input man, nice to see someone within 100 miles of me on this forum-Im sure I still have the harness off my parts car with the tranny

no problem any questions at all you can pm me or shoot me an email it goes to my black berry. sixfootjesus@hotmail.com if your really stuck on a situation i can come give u a hand i go up there all the time