Q: Is this everything I need for a 5spd SWAP?

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22337
Can anyone tell me if this is all I would need for a 5spd swap into a 96 240sx SE. And if there IS anything I am missing, could you please let me know. Thanks!

Ryan.

You are going to need a ABS or non-ABS S14 driveshaft depending on what you have. The S13 driveshaft won’t work on the S14.

I was under the impression that removing the dust sheild thingy on the S14 driveshaft makes it usable on the manual tranny

I’ll PM chris, cand confirm…

cross member and speed sensor

crossmember is still attached to the tranny

I was under the impression that removing the dust sheild thingy on the S14 driveshaft makes it usable on the manual tranny

I’ll PM chris, cand confirm…[/quote]

Incorrect. It may fit but…

The shafts are different lengths and it would be a foolish idea to run the auto shaft in a manual car = accident waiting to happen.

The S13 clutch pedal will work in an S14 but requires spacers.

For that price its well worth the purchase and finding the additional parts.

I am waiting to hear from Chris(canadiandrifter240), he did litz 's S14 and I’m not certain but believe he is running a modified driveshaft

different length’s… how different? I ran the abs drivshaft with an open diff (nonabs) I mean its onl 3/4" difference…

You can not use a auto drive shaft because the Yoke is a different size, the auto drive shaft will not fit into the tailstock of the 5 speed. Lengths are the same manual to auto. I have had success useing 1/2 of a s13 manual drive shaft with half of an auto s14 drive shaft but this is alot of work and not worth the time.

Ryan I will compile a list tomarrow for you …I am so verey busy right now but I have the day off wed so shoot me a PM to remind me and I will get it together for you.

Yeah, he is doing an engine swap for me… :roll:

Yeah, he is doing an engine swap for me… :roll:[/quote]

uhm theo what did’ya do? :roll: :roll: :lol:

message me on msn albertnazzaro@hotmail.com

i have home made page i made i just did the swap last week … ill tell u everything if u want to know

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated!

Ryan.

Yeah, he is doing an engine swap for me… :roll:[/quote]

uhm theo what did’ya do? :roll: :roll: :lol:[/quote]

I threw a rod out the side of my block last night.

New engine required. STAT!