s14 5 speed swap info needed.

so, obviously i need. clutch and flywheel (and applicable parts for those two items) 5spd tranny. any ka24de from a s13 or s14 will work for that, drive shaft, tranny mount, my master and slave, lines pedal assembly. yada yada.

i have a 95, s14 auto, abs. ka.

ive heard the s13 5spd drive shafts dont work?? someone clear this up please?

subframe. i need a s14 5spd subframe? s13 wont work? auto frame no good?

tranny mount. s13 and s14 are the same?

i know the diff gearing is different, but will the auto diff work with the manual driveshaft?

if you have any info on s14 specific 5spd swaps please post!

lol… ok can someone link me to a good 240sx site that isnt all about buying and selling stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

man best bet is to buy a smashed 5sp s14 (thats what i did, $450 i paid and scrapped it for $125 and sold the wheel it came with for $100) i never replaced my sub frame so you should be good… yes my diff worked great and tranny mounts are fine.

I’m not sure if S13/S14 driveshafts are different or not but you will need abs driveshaft for sure
auto/manual subframe same-S13/S14 subframe not the same
diff gearing is all the same and manual driveshaft will bolt to it

nice. so i should just be looking for a s14 pedal assembly, s14 abs driveshafts hopefully my oem auto subframe should be alright.

i think s14 pedal assembly is different then a s13?

here

taken from the site

“If you’d like to use an S13 pedal on an S14 you can see below that the Spacer measures 30mm exactly. You can stack up washers, or cut short lengths of pipe or some other custom solution… as long as it holds the pedal 30mm away from the firewall.”

http://tech.240sxone.com/57/s13s14-clutch-pedal-comparison/