S14 AUTO TO MANUAL SWAP

can it be done easily, as long as the parts are sourced? if so, what parts are needed?

All the info needed is here Auto to manual swap

Parts are not easily sourced and from what i hear its a bitch to swap. I was gonna do it myself but without a hoist thing that shops have to lift your car in the air taking the tranny out and putting a new one in is gonna be very hard as they are heavy and lining them up will be even harder.
took these guys 6 hours just to line up the tranny…

The driveshaft, pedals and speed sensor must be from an s14. well pedals tecnically no you can use s13 but who wants to put a ghey shim inbetween.

PARTS NEEDED:
5 speed transmission from an S14 (you could try an s13 if you want)
5 speed Driveshaft front and rear sections (this may differ if you have ABS/LSD)
Flywheel (new or resurfaced)
M/T flywheel bolts (A/T bolts are too short)
Clutch Kit (Clutch, Throwout bearing, Pressure Plate, alignment tool)
Shifter assembly (plate, lower rubber boot, upper leather boot, finisher plate)
5 speed Crossmember
Clutch Master cylinder
Clutch Slave cylinder
Clutch hardlines
Clutch rubber line and dampener line (which you may want to remove anyways)
Clutch pedal assembly
5 Speed Brake pedal assembly or a cut brake pedal (automatic pedal is much larger)
Bellhousing bolts for a 5 speed bellhousing (some of the A/T bolts can be reused)
Bolts to hold Pressure Plate to Flywheel (same thread as bolts that hold shifter to transmission, but a tad shorter)

Btw this has been the best swap tutorial for a s14 I have seen…
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181139

i know a guy who’s done auto to manual swap on his driveway within a day.

he’s done it 2x

u just have to know what your doing.

and in the rain … lol

and in the rain … lol[/quote]

:bowdown: :bowdown: :thumright:

who might that be, and would they be willing to help or do my swap for me, maybe even for a fee

Call Chris (canadiandrifter240sx), he’s in niagara and has competitive rates.

I’m not setup to do the swap for you but will hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

the swap is actually not that hard at all. It takes some time to do, but if you have all the parts, it’s pretty easy. I would suggest to get someone that has done that already and pay him some cash… probably the hardest part will be sourcing the parts out. The driveshaft will be very tough to get from an S14 (it has to be from an S14, since all of the S13 ones are too short)…

If you need it, I know a guy who has one lying around. I can ask him if it’s from an ABS or non-abs S14.

yeh it takes 2 people to get the transmission in, one person to push it in while the other wiggles it, until it aligns in

takes one afternoon…on the driveway

not under the car-port?

^according to theo23 1 person can do it, 1 fabulous person…

Overall, it can be worthwhile, but if you plan on doing SR later anyway, the $1000+ would be better spent on a 1/2 cut, Varun frequently posts S14 half cuts with driveshaft and all neccessary parts

who is varun and how much do his half cuts usually cost?

i dont have the space or tools to DIM so i’d have to pay chris to do the swap + source the parts = $1000+, so ill just suffer with auto and save for a sr swap, thanks everyone

can it be done easily, as long as the parts are sourced? if so, what parts are needed?

All the info needed is here Auto to manual swap

Parts are not easily sourced and from what i hear its a bitch to swap. I was gonna do it myself but without a hoist thing that shops have to lift your car in the air taking the tranny out and putting a new one in is gonna be very hard as they are heavy and lining them up will be even harder.
took these guys 6 hours just to line up the tranny…

The driveshaft, pedals and speed sensor must be from an s14. well pedals tecnically no you can use s13 but who wants to put a ghey shim inbetween.

PARTS NEEDED:
5 speed transmission from an S14 (you could try an s13 if you want)
5 speed Driveshaft front and rear sections (this may differ if you have ABS/LSD)
Flywheel (new or resurfaced)
M/T flywheel bolts (A/T bolts are too short)
Clutch Kit (Clutch, Throwout bearing, Pressure Plate, alignment tool)
Shifter assembly (plate, lower rubber boot, upper leather boot, finisher plate)
5 speed Crossmember
Clutch Master cylinder
Clutch Slave cylinder
Clutch hardlines
Clutch rubber line and dampener line (which you may want to remove anyways)
Clutch pedal assembly
5 Speed Brake pedal assembly or a cut brake pedal (automatic pedal is much larger)
Bellhousing bolts for a 5 speed bellhousing (some of the A/T bolts can be reused)
Bolts to hold Pressure Plate to Flywheel (same thread as bolts that hold shifter to transmission, but a tad shorter)

Btw this has been the best swap tutorial for a s14 I have seen…
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181139

i know a guy who’s done auto to manual swap on his driveway within a day.

he’s done it 2x

u just have to know what your doing.

and in the rain … lol

:bowdown: :bowdown: :thumright:

who might that be, and would they be willing to help or do my swap for me, maybe even for a fee