Auto to Manual 95 240sx

Has anyone done a auto to manual swap in a 240? What does it cost? whats all involved? and how does it look when completed?

this has been covered a lot of times. cost can range from like 300 to over a grand depending where you get your parts from, and who does your work.

overall auto to manual isnt that hard, its just time consuming, and theres alot of work involved.

ooyea and you should read this.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181139

hey do u know any shops in the Toronto n GTA that is reputable that can do this? like the full swap, including getting the parts or possibly having the main parts in stock? i’ve found a few s14s but automatic…so i dont know if i should get it…the automatic 240s sell for less than manual, so i figured with the money i save from gettin an auto i can do the swap…but would like to find a shop to talk with that is also reputable…

sorry double posted

well ive had mine done but u gotta bring the parts he did mine for 500 or so if i remember well. also hes a guy i know the parts shouldnt be hard to find you are on son. and even to do youreself is just time consuming and a pain with no hoist but i know theres a full how too online that you can read and takes you step by step.

I had a buddy get it done from a member on this board “canadiandrifer”. And he only good things to say. Most places will require you to bring you own parts. Even if they can get it in, it’ll cost a lot of money. I’m doing one right now. Jon is selling an almost complete 5 spd swap here:

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=23120

IMO, get the s14 that’s 5 spd if you don’t want to do the work yourself. The most expensive part is the driveshaft. The s13 driveshafts are easier to find, but s14 can be a massive pain in the ass.

Oh and the other part hard to find is the interior shifter peice for the dash.

hmmm well of course i’d rather buy an s14 5spd, but i’m sellin my civic, and i’m gonna need a car soon, and my insurance will only pause my account for a month, so i’ll hav ea month to fin da car, n i noticed these two automatic s14s in autotrader that probably arent goin anywhere lol so if i cant find an s14 5spd by then, i’ll buy an auto, but there are a few 5spds, but i havent sold my civic yet and those might be sold by then…

but yea, i mean, the console cover, i’m sure i’ll EVENTUALLY find that lol and it wont affect the performance lol

i’m just lookin for someone who can do it properly…
and is reputable and can do a proper job, nothing halfassed and later saying “you get wha tyou pay for”, like shiet, if you’re gonna do a halfassed job, then tell me straight up “that’s why it’s that cheap” BEFORE doin anything…i’dr ather pay more, just nobody tells me the high price, always a low price with a shit job lol…well anyway that’s another topic lol

my mech does all the work on my s14s.it evens out to get an auto car then doing 5spd but you get a new clutch and atleast you know the motor hasnt been redlined or beaten hardcore. 4 out of 5 s14s i had where auto and 3 were converted 5spd. my mech knows the car inside out since thats all he does on his spare time work on s14s.

driveshaft and new clutch kit is one of the more expensive parts. just dont cheap out on the clutch or it will drive like shyt.

pm if you want more info on my mech service. i have most of the parts for a 5spd also

jon

locked.

this has been covered far to many times to warrent a new thread.

GT