S14 AUTO TO MANUAL SWAP

Call Chris (canadiandrifter240sx), he’s in niagara and has competitive rates.

I’m not setup to do the swap for you but will hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

the swap is actually not that hard at all. It takes some time to do, but if you have all the parts, it’s pretty easy. I would suggest to get someone that has done that already and pay him some cash… probably the hardest part will be sourcing the parts out. The driveshaft will be very tough to get from an S14 (it has to be from an S14, since all of the S13 ones are too short)…

If you need it, I know a guy who has one lying around. I can ask him if it’s from an ABS or non-abs S14.

yeh it takes 2 people to get the transmission in, one person to push it in while the other wiggles it, until it aligns in

takes one afternoon…on the driveway

and in the rain … lol[/quote]

not under the car-port?

^according to theo23 1 person can do it, 1 fabulous person…

Overall, it can be worthwhile, but if you plan on doing SR later anyway, the $1000+ would be better spent on a 1/2 cut, Varun frequently posts S14 half cuts with driveshaft and all neccessary parts

who is varun and how much do his half cuts usually cost?

i dont have the space or tools to DIM so i’d have to pay chris to do the swap + source the parts = $1000+, so ill just suffer with auto and save for a sr swap, thanks everyone

yeah well i did my swap this weekend
$300
difficulty - was such a bitch… little things like the bearing inside the crank and lining the goddamn tranny took 5-6hours each… its done now n now im happy i have 5spd

^^ brake pedal was a bitch too

whenever you do your SR swap, you’ll still need to do the same things as if you were to do just a 5spd. swap… you need to drill out the holes through the firewall for the master cylinder and the clutch pedal, you still need the s14 driveshaft, make the hardline for the clutch slave cylinder, do some wiring for those tranny switches, get a clutch kit etc…