530XI or M35X and why?

FWD ftl w/ the TL

through years of experience I have found that stealership employees know the least about the cars they sell. Typically a well educated enthusiast knows more about particular details then of said individuals.

halas posts :eek:

I finally have a minute - so I chimed in, yes I’m still living!

OK, I am back to my computer…

I am actually asking for my father.
He drives the same roads I do and he wants AWD.
I guess the “performance” aspect isn’t the most critical factor.

BMW, Infinity, and Acura all make good cars so I guess I will tell him to buy the one he likes.
The only thing I don’t like about the BMW is the total lack of power but, my dad doesn’t need that much anyway.
One other note, the BMW dealer told him the 530 AWD won’t be available until May.:jawdrop:

Well, here are some crappy pictures of my father’s new whip…

That panel looks very busy.

nice car :tup: to your father

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:47,topic:24151"”]

That panel looks very busy.

[/quote]

Truth, AND my father is 72 years old, this should be interesting.:ohnoes:

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:49,topic:24151"”]

Truth, AND my father is 72 years old, this should be interesting.:ohnoes:

[/quote]

:bsflag: how did he have you when he was 2 years old?

Burn

UPDATE…
Infinity is gay.

I have to get more details but my dad tells me every time he takes the car in it costs him more money.

Right now the car is in because it has a bad wheel bearing at 22222 miles!
I assume it won’t cost him anything but you never know at this dealership.

If you buy a BMW isn’t EVERYTHING free for like 3 years?

Lemme guess… Autoplace?

5yrs or 50k miles

personally I think my 330xi is great, I have never once spun out or almost lost control during heavy snowfall or icy conditions.

Autoplace is horrible…

we went to autoplace to buy nicoles Fx35… they oringally ballpark appraised her IS300 at 12k… (KBB was a hair over 12) ok no big deal, we say we will think about it, and come back on saturday.

We walk in Saturday with pen in hand, and nicole is talking about how excited she is etc. And then we get ready to start signing stuff, and the guy goes back and appraises her car again ( the same lookover from acrsoss the lot as before) (this time the car was clean, detailed etc) and he comes back and says 9k… im like WTF thats not acceptable, we are walking etc… they just say ok you will never get what you were asking for, see ya.

I call up the dealership in rochester when we are leaving, the confirm they have the truck in stock, and will work with us on the trade… we drive out there, they give her 12.5 for her is300 and cut her a deal on the truck… we sign the papers that day…

her car has a minor recall… so i tell her to take it back to autoplace… and she sees teh salesman, who lights up thinking he is going to get the sale and we came crawling back… i just loved the look on his face when i told him what happened… it was like i kicked a dog in the junk and then yelled at him for hurting my foot…

he tried to call BS… and im like how could you call BS, i HAVE the truck you tard… then they tried to talk me into trading my m3 in on a g37… my response was, are you going to give me 10k for that 2?

yeah, autoplace infiniti pulled bait and switch shit like that with my mom, agreed to a G35x lease in principle then her salesman hurt himself and went on leave, and when she went to sign the papers the new one suddenly said that the payment was $80 more and there was no way the other guy agreed to a deal for the original price, he was a n00b and he must have messed something up. I’ve had really good luck with some of the other autoplace dealerships but their infiniti gets the :tdown:

I believe the Infinity dealer is not associated with the other Autoplace dealers.
They just use the name because it is on Autoplace street.
Correct me if I am wrong.

One more thing…
My dad had a bad tire (bulge) and they blamed him and charged him $320 for the tire.
I found the same tire on tirerack for $199.
Then the same thing happened to a different tire on the car!

You are correct Sir.

PM 2TurboZ for his horror story…

Unfortunately, there is only one Infinity dealer in WNY.

There has to be an M forum out there where you can confirm if these are manufacturer problems, or dealership treatment / negligence problems.

what about infiniti in rochester?