Audi A4?

I am still trying to decide on a daily driver and the A4 caught my eye. Are they uber unreliable? Will i hate myself if i buy one? Should i stop looking at gay Audi’s and look at more BMW’s?

Yes.

QFT

bmw > audi for many different reasons

yes… very unreliable… and a glorified VW… BMW or benz…

How much are you looking to spend on one? Part of the problem with Audi’s around here is that at NYSpeed, Home Of The Lowball, people get very luxurious decent performing cars for $5k and then get pissed when they need tons of repairs.

Yes. Don’t get an A4.

BLAST!!! Ok more BMW/Benz shopping it is. I am having issues with looking at BMW’s since i will look at a nice 330 then be like hmm why not just spend some more and get an M3? Hmm why not just get a new 135i? If i buy a new 135i I will hate myself.

Glad that only took 5 replies.

Why are you looking at an a4? Why not go to an s4? You can easily pick one up in that price range. Then it might be a better comparison to what you HAVE BEEN looking at.

I will spend anywhere from 15-40k on a daily driver. I know this sounds crazy but it is obvious to say the least it depends on what i am looking at. If i am getting an 08 something i would have no issue spending 35+ but if i am looking at 01-04 then 20s probably. The A4 looks to be priced very well. An 04 with low miles will go for under 20k it looks like.

e46 330/328////m would be a dope daily

or even a clean late model e36

Quite humorous coming from someone who purchased and returned an MB within a month because of problems. :bloated:

A lot of biased uneducated opinions in this thread…

My opinion is based on experience. All Audi’s I’ve ever owned/known have been nightmares.

Hmm i have plenty of time but to decide since i probably will not buy a daily driver until i know for sure i am not comeing back to Iraq anyhow. So what are the “nightmares” that would be included in owning a newer low mileage A4?

seeing as i had an audi before that had NOTHING but problems, and a friend back in CO that had an 04 a4 that was in the shop so much that every time i saw him he was in a rental…

if you paid attention to the thread i made, the 2nd benz never got taken back… it was a joke… april fools, that new one i had was a rental cause i took it in for the service A that was paid for by the dealership

my opinions are not biased, just backed with experience

edit: i love my benz and the only thing i would change would be going back and getting a C32 or C55 cause i dont think i care about the gas mileage as much as i thought :wink:

Well, I’m not sure what condition the cars you’re looking at are in, but some examples of problems I’ve dealt with include ABS modules, turbos, electrical gremlins (windows going up and down for no reason, sunroof malfunctioning), locks not working, radio not being able to tune in anything, various engine sensors, shitty exhaust…

On the other hand between my brother and I we have owned 4 e36 BMW’s of various years/models and they have been far better. Better to drive, better to maintain, etc.

Ugh but look at the deals. 04 under 18k miles and i bet you could easily take it from the dealer for 16k.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=234686372&dealer_id=57571160&car_year=2004&model=A4&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1998&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=500&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=75000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=98433&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=20000&cardist=50

i LOVE the new(ish) 3 series 2 doors…ugh…so hawt

this man speaks the truth

However, I will say that the 00-02 S4 will cost you dearly in the long run.

shouldnt that tell you something that you can get an 04 audi loaded for 16k but an 04 benz or bmw will run you 3-5k bucks more ?

i hate to say it, but the only real reliable lux cars out there are the lexus IS, GS series

rear wheel, fun to drive and toyota reliability… benz’s arent as reliable as bmw’s and bimmers still break and are expensive to fix

everyone on here trashes VW’s yet tells you to get an audi? im confused cause last time i checked they werent that far off

I’m not being biased.

I currently drive an A6 and it sucks hard.

I WOULD NEVER BUY AN AUDI ANYTHING, EVER!