i need a daily driver

i REALLY REALLY want a B5 Audi A4. i cant spend more than like 4 grand, and i found this (assuming the seller will move on the price):
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?&min_price=&distance=200&pager.offset=0&dealer_id=15484845&lang=en&bkms=1147919711765&end_year=1998&make=AUDI&address=14226&start_year=1990&first_record=1&certified=&car_id=201872054&car_year=1996&cardist=176&isp=y&max_price=&advanced=&search_type=both&model=A4#vdptop

the add is implying that it is front wheel drive, not Quattro. so my question, is it worth it???
if not, then im open to suggestions as to what i can get for around 4 grand that meets the following criteria:

-has leather and/or REALLY nice interior
-prefferably a 4 door car
-nothing ‘honda civic-sized’
-reasonable on gas
-reliable (yes i am aware that the words ‘reliable’ and ‘audi’ generally do not come in the same sentence)
-isnt gonna need a lot of work
-CANT BE MORE THAN 4 GRAND

your suggestions are welcome.

FWD audis are retarded

especially if u live in buffalo

i must admit, the idea of havina AWD was one of the big things that oringally attracted me to the A4 model. i have to be honest, every winter that ive had my lisence, ive always driven something that was 4x4 and ive never driven a 2wd car in the snow. i have a coupple other leads on 2 other A4s, but we will see what my e-mail brings tomorrow.

um you have a friggen truck. wtf is wrong with people, unless you’re looking for a beater to use because of gas prices, but i would have factored that in before buying a truck. if you’re planning on buying a beater for a daily during the winter, than i think you’re retarded.

Ya I dont understand why people who get lots of snow in the winter get 2wd trucks. Whats the point of getting the truck? If you cant afford to spend a lil more to get the 4wd option, then dont get a truck. Just doesnt make sense where we live.

true, but its still a truck. throw 5 sandbags in the bed and call it a day. it will still drive better than most cars in heavy snow. the reason i said i dont understand people these days is that people like him are going to store a truck during the winter??? (at least thats the impression that im getting here.) 2 wheel drive or 4, run the damn thing in the snow. Its nothing worth storing.

Do NOT buy a FWD Audi.

+1

buy a maxima

are you saying this becase they have a lot of problems, or because no AWD just defeats the purpose of an Audi? if i dont get an Audi (regardless if its AWD or FWD then im prob gonna be going for something FWD)

I had a 2wd Ranger in highschool. It was one of the best winter vehicles I’ve had. Throw some weight in the back and your are good to go. I actually prefer RWD in the snow.

If you are tight on money (which a $k budget for an Audi implies) then do NOT buy a higher mileage used Audi. The parts alone to on stuff that you’ll probably NEED to do in the very neary future are nearly half the price of the car. (TB, WP, CAs, WBs, etc)

And I would never buy a FWD A4. Ever.

^ word

Unfortunately, with a 4K budget the Audis that you could buy are likely going to cost you much more in the long run.

Maybe he wants to store it to prevent rust? It’s a Dakota RT…I can see why he bought a 2wd truck…it’s a cool truck, not much different than any other summer vehicle.

if you have 4K and want to buy an audi get an older quattro

It sounds like you’re expecting way to much from $4,000.

+1 for sandbags and snows for the Dakota. That’s what I did with my RWD F150 and it was awesome in the snow. If you just don’t want to get salt on it then that’s your call.

Forgot to post this earlier…but that list describes my '93 SHO to a t…only I paid $2000 for it. I’ve put 20k miles on it in the last year and to date haven’t had to do much of anything as far as maintenace/reliability. Many people talke smack on the SHO’s but they’re actually pretty solid cars and (I think) are easy to maintain. For $4g’s you’d be able to find one in immaculate condition with not too many miles. BTW, mine had 175k on it and looked like it had 15k…so there are good cars out there in this price range for sure, even if they aren’t SHO’s. Good luck…

you have a truck…wtf…

Same type of comment could be said to those driving modded economy cars that store em away for winter…

i tried driving the truck down my street once in about 2" of snow over winter just for the hell of it. i had about 200 lbs of stuff in that back that i was storing back there and even still it was really hard to drive. mayb i just suck at driving. and every audi i am looking at, im making sure to ask right away when the tie rods were done, timing belt, and water pump. i kno those r big items on A4s and i am taking that into consideration.