trying to find a good luxury AWD sedan-opinions needed

i am looking to pick up a nice awd sedan (maybe coupe) for winter/DD. Right now i have my mind set on a 2002 a4 since they are starting to drop in price and i have seen them sell for $7500.

what i am looking for

all wheel drive
leather
heated seats
automatic
5-10k price tag
4 or 6 cylinder

does BMW make any AWD sedans for that price range? basically im looking for a nice DD/winter car. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thansk

BMW XI’s are the awd models. i think they have been around since the early 90’s although earlier models are pretty rare. For that price range you might be able to find a decent Audi though. i believe there were a few on here not too long ago.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/autoreview/400x266/2007-Jaguar-X-Type-05407181990001.jpg

AWD,Leather, 2.5 or 3.0 v6.
I had one and really enjoyed it. You can find them in 5spd,but they are rare so it should be easy to find a automatic. Most come with oem HIDs.

Pretty damn reliable too, you can find a higher mileage one for around 8-9 grand

Get the audi…superior awd system and I loved mine. Next year I think I will buy another one for a daily.

you can pick up a nice used Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2416000-2416999/2416491_1458_full.jpg

not for under 10 grand.

remind me too much of a taurus.

keep the ideas coming. so far it seems like the a4 will be hard to beat.

lol @ luxury and $5k price tag.

Audi a4/s4/a6… bmw 325xi…

^what he said

BMW 328xi or 330xi can be pretty luxurious if they have the premium package I think
I really like my car which has premium and sport packages, but leather is way to hot for me in the summer

You could probably find an E46 body (99-05) for as cheap as 10k

Remember bmw’s have a timing chain that shouldn’t really need to be changed, but I think most Audis in the years in your price range have timing BELTS which need to be changed about 90k miles so be wary whether it has been done, costs about 800-1000 to have a dealer change it

Edit: I agree the audi awd is better

Why? There are plenty of luxury cars around the $8k mark that are like 8-10 years old…
You forget, luxury cars don’t really hold their value quite well because the main buyers are middle aged family men, who have the money to just buy new every time, and usually people who are in the market for a luxury car, aren’t looking at a pretty USED car.

Because nothing screams “moronic poser” more. Most newer “non-luxury” cars are going to have the same/better features and performance for the same cost in a far newer package.

You forget, the reason most luxury car owners change out so frequently is because when they come out of warranty, they are far more expensive to maintain.

Ball’n on a budget is one of the stupidest things to do out there. Why place so much emphasis on a nameplate? You truly don’t need it at a time if your life when your finances dictate a 5-10k car. They are called “luxury” for a reason.

I completely agree but neither the OP, or I are talking about “true” luxury cars, we are talking about entry level, econo/luxo cars.
Paying $8,000 for a used 325i is not nearly as bad as spending $18,000 on a 100k mile 745i or the like.

But you are really preaching to the choir when you say this,because 2 of our members have highly depreciated $80k range rovers. I’d rather spend $25 grand on a used range rover any day over a brand new trail blazer, or rav4 ect.
I hope i’m kind of getting the point across

What is a quire? Is that like a queer? Because that would make sense with a lot of the posts I see coming from you.

There is a huge difference between buying a 2-4yr old range and buying the cheapest example of a 10+ year old Audi / BMW just so you can say you drive one.

I’d find a Subaru Legacy with leather and cold weather package and call it a day. All the other options will be money pits likely.

a 10 year old car? he’s talking about a 2002 a4…

your assumptions are some of the dumbest things i have read in a while. I am not trying to be “ball’n”. I want a nice awd sedan that is comfortable, safe, and something i will not modify. I am not buying this to drive out to the falls and pick up some hookers in a back alley. Could i buy a 20-25k car if i wanted to… sure. why? so i can be more of a true luxury car owner? 5-10k is a better price range where i can still have the extra $$ i want for future plans.

you really think i am trying to show a status symbol or be big pimpin by buying an a4? good friend of mine has been driving an 01 a6 for about 5 years now and i just love the way it handles and how smooth and comfortable it is on the rd.

also, all service would be done by myself so that would offset the cost of expensive parts. taking care of 1 “wannabe luxury vehicle” will be no where near as timing consuming as taking care of 3 dsm’s. I might be getting out of the dsm scene for a bit so i wanna see what i could upgrade to.

so unless you have some usefull information to add and want to stop making dumbass assumptions. :gtfo:

Walter is a jackass. don’t listen to him.

If you go with a 3 series, just go with a 2wd. their awd lacks…
You don’t really NEED awd…unless the car comes standard with it