trying to find a good luxury AWD sedan-opinions needed

figured that out right away.

yeah i was pretty interested in the 325 xi… but was wondering how the AWD is set up etc and if it was really worth it. I pretty much NEED AWD because my driveway is like climbing a mountain.

yeah, I’ve been there, your driveway is like mine, but a good set of snow tires and you’ll have no problem getting up it.

i have heard some rumors about BMW electronics being shit. idk is there anything i should look out for?

If I were you, I’d be all over this ASAP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-2-5-GT-03-SUBARU-LEGACY-2-5-GT-ONE-OWNER-HTD-LEATHER-NJ_W0QQitemZ310076597389QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310076597389&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A3|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

i like that but, idk the interior just looks cheap and like it came out of GMC jimmy or something. I am starting to look at those now.

I would go with the A4 way before the Legacy. The maintenance on an a4 is not too bad, I mean you’ve owned DSMs your probably a master mechanic by now LOL.

Quattro rules in the winter.

Honestly, a decent pair of snow tires makes all the difference in winter. My BMW is rwd, and does more than just fine with my winter tires on it.

Really? Hrm.

KBB of $14.5k for a base model A4 with moderate miles. You’re right, I’m sure he’ll find one for half that will be flawless for miles to come :bloated:

This will work out swimmingly. We all know sedlmeier is a pinnacle of sound advice.

If you want a DD, don’t try and stretch your budget to buy more than you can afford, period.

Do you have a second car that can get you to work if your main DD is broken?

hahahaah

I would just buy a grand am.

KBB doesnt mean shit. please GTFO of my thread, you are bringing nothing but worthless drama to my thread. if you want to flirt with sedlmeier send him a PM okay??:hay: buh bye

EDIT: also nice try of posting up bull shit with the KBB, you did suggested retail. Private party KBB for what i am looking for is 8-11k depending on condition etc. So once again you fail. :hay:

well im hoping i wont need multiple cars. i have 3 cars and a bike right now, but im hoping to get that down to 1 a4 with all service shit done so it wont break and if it doesnt sell, a r6.

i have a 04 a4 ultrasport with a 100k warranty for 22k

Volvo,they make some stuff that is RWD/AWD with all the luxury options.

I know the Cross Country is AWD but its a wagon.They’ve got other cars though that have AWD.

thanks for the idea, forget about them. Ill take a look at some.

love the ultrasport, but little more than i am looking to spend.

:ohnoes:

Issue is, an 2002 A4 that is going to cost you 8-11K will automatically need an additional 2-3K service right off the bat.

Wheel bearings, electronic issues, control arms, coil packs, timing belt/water pump, bad ignition switch, dead turbo, craptastic exhaust manifolds… just a couple things that come to mind.

I had one, and I’m going to get another Audi, but I know what I’m getting myself into. If you aren’t hung up about driving a luxo car - look elsewhere.

As much as you hate Walter - he has really good points - he may just say it like an asshole lol

The B6s are not bad on control arms like B5s, Timing belt and water pump will set you back $180 in parts, Wheel bearings are $50 each.

Coil packs are hit or miss and may have already been replaced, the bad wastegates on the turbos were no very common and mainly happened on the AEB B5 motors.

Again if you can DIY things like wheel bearings, timing belts, they are not that expensive to maintain.

Or valid points, that you don’t want to hear because they are against what you want. :picard:

Honestly it is possible, but it’s a stretch and it’s going to add up rather quickly. Granted an A4 can be reliable as long as you properly maintain it/repair it.