Audi A4?

E46? If so i agree very much.

Hmm im not looking for an S4 do you have some imput for say 2003 and newer A4’s? It would be used as a daily driver.

I see what you are saying but if i can get something nice that i like im not going to rule it out for being less money then a BMW/Benz.

my 18 year old bmw was and has been more reliable than my brothers 5 year old audi

my brother was a shithead with it but still… do you like replacing wheelbearings?

well to give you an idea of what i was thinking… cause remember, i was just in your shoes…

i could have got an 05 kompressor engine c class for 1-3k less… BUT… the reliability issues were so bad cause of the leaking cam sensors completely destroying your engines electrical system that i went for a newer one without that issue…

sure i could have saved money now, but in the long run, its not worth the headache of having a car that you never get to drive cause its always in the shop

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=188290

talk him down a bit, you wont regret it.

EDIT: fuck it sold for $43.5k

Better?

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=205144

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=202895

E92?

What you consider reliable is kind of all relative. I consider my S4 to be reliable but people who don’t keep up on maintenance and have a CEL they never fix will disagree. FWIW I’ve never heard anything negative about the A4 other then the control arm and wheel bearing problems that most B5 cars had.

72 Month / 100,000 mile CPO warranty ends 03/11/2011?

Is this a regular transferable warranty? Do they all have this? I love M3’s but if i was going to spend 40k on a car i think i would juet buy a new 135i. But i am deffinatley considering one.

I never had problems with my A4, I did 1 wheel bearing, it was a higher millage B5

I am looking at 02+ so B6 and B7 i guess. Are these just as bad with wheel bearings and other gramlins?

B6s do not suffer from the control arm issues like the B5,

that said, if you are not worried about snow, I recommend an e46, its a better all around car IMO

I bought my 2000 A4 Avant with 52K miles on it 2/14/05. Presently it has 110K on it and it was not driven for almost an entire summer. In that time it has been dead nuts reliable, but I’m not a whinny little bitch like 99% of people on here that have no eperience with them.

I like the E46 better as well but lets be honest they aren’t that close in price. I can afford a nice daily but i think it will be in my best interest to atleast consider cheaper ones and save more money for my future. Once i am 100% done with college and get a real carrer i will be more comfortable dishing out baller cash for a new car. An 04 A4 to an 04 E46 with similar miles is looking to be a good 6k difference. Really just looking at options is all.

completely transferable

Get a New A5 coupe, ITs soooo fuckinngggg GORGEOUS!!!

I am so out of the loop. I have never even heard of such a car. I will check them out.

http://paultan.org/gallery/d/2394-2/audi_a5_1.jpgOMG ITS PURE SEX!

Edit, and the link all about it

HAHA that car is really nice but i don’t think it is smart for me to be looking at 40k+ cars.

you said 15-40k…

do it…you wont

they are slow, look really nice, but are slow, and are very unproven reliability wise.

I would but only for a 135i and it would have to be extreme conditions. Like out of nowhere BMW runs 1.9% financing on it and a dealer will give me 2k off of sticker or some shit. If a deal like that comes up then i would but im not going to do it just because.

Do they all have this or is it just some of them? Does it cover everything just no maintenance? How relieable are M3’s ex: like an 01 with 50kish miles on it. Would this be a god daily or am i looking at trouble.

I own a 01 A4 with a GT28R and a 04 A4 completely stock (DD) both 1.8t.

I have had no major problems or issues with either. Yes, I replaced one wheel bearing in the B5 no big deal.

The funny thing is I had a 01 Maxima that I purchased in Sept of this year and traded it in as a loss on my 04 A4. IMHO the maxima was a complete gas eating pos and I never felt comfortable in the car… I guess once you go quattro it’s hard to walk away from it. A M3 is nice, but how practical is that going to be in the Buffalo winters? I wish you luck on that if you decide to go that route.

My opinion on a A4 for a daily driver is a very good choice. The 04 comes in a 6 speed so you are going to get decent gas milage and a great car for the winter months…

my .02