Audi A4?

get an 03.5+, and feel a lot more comfortable. The only issue I have is keeping tread on my rears.

and depending on the plans they have CPO or extended maintenance.

Audis are not perfect but then again what car is?
If reliability is at the top of your list then you should buy a much more simple car.

I love quattros but at the same time I would never recommend one to a poor person.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm well i am not going to rule them out to say the least. I have never driven a B6 so i will take a look and the prices are very nice on them. BTW i don’t live in Buffalo but i will be moving back there in less then two years so i do have to consider winter somewhat.

I part of me wants to jum on an M3 because i know i will be happy with it since they are one of my favorite cars ever made. Well lets see how the stock market does in the next few months. Ths is important to my decision!

Id say if you can, and would, do your own maintenance buy the S4 for a daily driver. You can pick up a 01 for around 10k (at least thats what I was finding a few weeks ago). Lots of power potential, awd, 6speed, super comfortable etc. I have been thinking about replacing my 96 vr GTI with one next year maybee. We just picked up a 99 Avant for my wife, and sure it has a few issues, but it was cheap and I can do all my own work. Id personally rather buy a car cheap with a bunch of miles on it and put some money into it.

I too would love an M3, but around here, it doesnt seem like a great idea for a daily driver. :shrugs:

If your going to be away for a few years, buy the M3, bring it back here with you. If it sucks in the winter, sell it. You probably wouldnt loose your ass on it.

Thats my two pennies.

Dan

I would do my own work on the car and i would be looking at 03 and newer with sub 30k miles. Thanks for the insight guys i will have to drive one and then see what i think. I probably won’t even buy a daily untill nov-dec anyhow and a ton can change before then. I would love to buy something now but i want to make sure i am getting out of the military without another deployment before i buy something only to let it sit and depreciate for a year.

I was looking at a b7 a4 for a while…
quattro 2.0 fsi turbo. They are really nice cars… more comfortable than the bmw opposition (328i) You can go CPO and get a nice interest rate and warranty. As for a DD they are awesome,but kinda numb feeling for a sports sedan.

95% of the people on this board have owned high mileage Audis that started with questionable reliability and plans for mods. Their opinions on reliability are useless IMO and use specific incidences to make broadly sweeping generalities. The hate comes from people that just owned piss poor Audis, or no audi at all :shrug:

I would have zero quams about buying a CPO’d A4 or S4 (or RS4 :boner:)

They are far better cars than their equivalent BMW counterpart IMO. I can’t stand BMW interiors, and I can’t think of anything being a bigger poser-mobile than a non-M (or non-335) BMW. (Josh doesn’t count). That said, that is all subjective, drive both and buy whatever you like.

I would much rather have a CPO’d Audi than a use Bimmer. Audi’s CPO program is consistently rated as the best in the business. If you want useful feedback, try and Audi board. :shrug:

Bashing VAG is about as trendy as wearing girls jeans around here.

far simpler way to say what I did :beer2:

if you want 200k cheap free miles, buy a Honda.

I loved my a4 never had a problem with it, for all 5000 miles :rofl: but seriously a nice luxury car with AWD for under$20k get the Audi!!! Audi interior > BMW and MB!!! And if you ever do decide to mod it, it wont cost you insane prices for aftermarket!

Drew, do yourself a favor and check out a G8 GT. I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I have been getting that about people not really comparing it to what i am looking at. It would be a stock daily driver well maybe some minor mods bt nothing crazy. I actually do not really care for the BMW interior much either. I have been reading audiforums for the last few hours but you get biased opinions there as well.

I am not looking for econobox but i see no ligic in telling myself i should have to sacrafice reliability and quality because i am getting something nice. I have no issues paying more for maintenance but i don’t expect to buy someting that i have to fix all the time just because it isn’t “simple”.

I have but i am pretty against driving an auto. So that brings us to the GXP which i think is amazing. But that brings us to where if i were to dish that type of cash for a new car it would only be if i were getting it below sticker and at a ballin ass interest rate. Which brings us to Andrew Blakes fantasy land of dancing midgets and point and laugh economic systems.

all the audi A4s feel like heavy body rolling pigs compared to all the 3 series car’s I’ve driven… but that’s just me I guess.

If you end up having to wait til fall, the 09 GT is available with the M6 and will probably be out in ~september. And by then you will be able to get it below sticker and at a ballin ass interest rate. Pointing and laughing at poor people is optional, but you are encouraged to do hairy burnouts in their face.

I am afraid of this which is why i need to drive one before i can look further. Today is the first time i have looed into them ever since i didn’t realize how cheap the resale on them is(yes i realize there is probably a reason for this). I see they have different packages available like ultrasport, etc etc and i am not sure if they come with different suspension packages, i will have to look into it.

That is new news i was unaware that they are going to be available in M6. Although i still don’t think it will be too promising to hope for ballin ass interest rates when t first becomes available in M6. I probably will not know for sure if i am coming back to the sandbox or not until nov-dec so that is when i will probably get into a new car. Unless i get some info earlier. What is the price difference between G8GT and GXP?

Audis really have no resale value, makes you wonder about there actual reliability.

Yeah, the only reason it wasnt available on the 08 GT is because Tremec is way behind demand since the 500 new models with RWD and V8’s use it.
GT MSRP is $31 and change. GXP doesn’t have pricing announced yet, but speculation is 35 to 40.
If you can find a hookup and get :snky: with GMS pricing, figure 26-27 for a GT or low 30’s for a GXP :eek:

Just drive them all and make up your own mind, Audi owners as well as Bimmer owners are going to be biased…

Find me this hookup now, do it, do it. do it