540 RWHP 240 Rockin threw the gears on the highway *Video*

:roll:

Ok, listen. Yes the motor did produce 539 rwhp on a stock bottom end. But that doesn’t mean it can sustain that power reliably.

The owner of the car, enthalpy on freshalloy.com, said the car wasn’t driven much at that power. It was on the dyno a few times, and on the street a few times; thats it. He even said himself that there is no way the motor was undamaged from the process. It was also mentioned that the stock tranny can’t take many passes like that either.

I hate it when people assume the sr is god because it can put out xxx amount of power. Any motor can release 539 rwhp, question is for how long. This motor would by no means make it as a reliable daily driver.

Get over it, the sr is not god.

I find it more amusing the people that WANT a 536whp motor. Then complain that it gets 10 miles to the gallon and scares the hell out of them every time they whack the gas. It doesn’t idle well in cold weather, and it’s noisy.
I’m not surprised an S13 twists itself in half at serious power levels. I’ve seen 300 whp motors twsit a peg leg diff off a spring perch under good traction.
Sub frame connectors are definitely a must … and some kind of pinion snubber would be nice.
Chris240 did you order these connectors from somewhere or have them built? I’d love to see pics, I plan on doing this up very soon.
Was your S13 rotten out back? Looking at where the rear suspension bolts to the chassis, I can see a bit of rot being enough to take the whole back end off.

titan…
i realize that the motor cannot hold that kind of power constantly… its obvious that it wont hold those numbers on a daily driven basis… but does that mean i cant give the guy credit for a job well done?

ppl on this board need to lighten up…

And proper tuning, It’s all about proper tuning.

Yeah smart tuning is very very underrated, especially with these “new” cars. Tweak tweak and tweak … it’s amazing what a wideband O2 and a few hours of dyno tuning can do …
Chris240 … your buddy with the 5.0 might want to look into “tuning” lol
Supercharged 302 with twin 150 shots only making 380hp … wow, that’s a set of cylinder heads, headers and a cam swap in in a 302.
I was just wondering about the frame connectors … the chassis on the S12 and S13 don’t lend themselves to easy sub frame connectors. When I made a set for the Charger, it was just a question of slotting some boxed steel and bolting/welding them to the frame.
But the difference is amazing, in everything from straight line controllability, to trackability in corners. Taking a lot of slop out of the S12/13 chassis could make a huge difference, especially if you have the stuts tied together too. Add a pinion snubber, and we just might see some S13s carrying the front tires :wink:

Whats a pinion snubber?

heh … dunno what you’d call them on your new-fangled cars … lol

Maybe a differential insulator? Hmm … on the IRS for the S13 it would have to be a different design, but there should be something comparable.

Basically on a solid axle rear end car, the diff winds up, the suspension compresses, the back end comes down, then you start to move forward.

All wasted force.

So we all invest in or make pinion snubbers. Basically an adjustable steel box with a rubber bump stop on it that bolts to the pumpkin.

When you’re out for spirited driving, raise it up until the bumper hits the floorpan.

That way when you hook up, the diff doesn’t go anywhere, and all that wasted force is applied to your tires.

It would be the equivalent I guess of using adustable bump stops on the S13. Is there such a thing?

Would be a mostly drag mod … lemme tell you, driving home from Cayuga with your pinion snubber up (I forgot) was a wee bit bumpy.

But would actually probably be good for drifting too … keep the tail nice and stiff, and make sure every time you nail it, all the power is going to the tires.