260hp / 260lbs @ 14psi

Well I went to the dyno day on Sunday and the results are in!

Stock S13 SR, Stock Cams, Stock Intake Mani, Stock Exhaust Mani, Stock MAFS, Stock Turbo.

14PSI 93 Octane.

Knock level below 10.

http://dustin.jetstreamhosting.com/t25dyno.jpg

259HP / 266LBS

I know the topic says 260/260 but thats just because it sounds better.

Thanks again to Dan for the dyno time and Farmer for the shop.

*NOTE RPM at the bottom of the graph is off, the run ended at 7000RPM so its slightly shifted to the left… not sure where or how much.

Looking over my logs it appears the MAF maxed out at 6000RPM so there may be more power to be had still!

WOW, I am really impressed.

Way to go man, I am really happy for you.

Great #'s Dustin! You should be in the 14’s for sure!

tell me ur modsssssssssss

roast his sig says hes 13.2@104

Yeah - I need to talk to Dynapack today and figure out what is going on…I’m sure it is just a setting somewhere. Either way - good power for a fairly mild SR setup.

I have a feeling these numbers will soon be crushed.

It’d be intersting to see what the other guys here with low-13s stock SRs are pulling as well (eg. Sonic180sx).

Great #s btw.

Dustin, first visit to the track this year if the conditions are good you are running a 12.75

if you don’t, you are sleeping there until you do.

On T25 and just slicks? I somewhat doubt it. Maybe higher than 12.7 but less than 13.0. But what do I know :dunno:

wow thats impressive, so besides being stock, im guessing FMIC, 3" turbo back, walbro, … but damn those are great numbers out of a stock setup.

Congrats

Those numbers are impressive. Someone definitely put the wrench time on that car.

The HP number won’t be accurate if the RPM is off, probably explains why you made more torque than HP.

Congrats!

Dynapak’s don’t use RPM pick-ups its just the graph was off the peaks are correct… but thanks for playing!

What I think you meant to say is I’ll be 1.4 seconds ahead of that iron you are trying to lug around. I think your RIGHT!

I would be interested as well to see some other strong SR #'s

I better add sleeping bag to my list of track supplies then, unless a 12.76 is good enough!

if your running stock injectors i strongly recommend not to boost higher then 12psi. nice numbers but i dont forsee your engine lasting too long like that.

He has Nismo 550CC injectors I’m pretty sure.

Thanks for the warning Mr 240sx… and your right on stock injectors this engine would have blown long ago. I have been running 14 psi since last season. My AFR’s are all with-in spec.

Good warning for anyone who sees this and thinks turning the boost to 14PSI will instantly net them these sort of #'s. Anything over 12PSI (and even I think that is high, 10 is the only 100% safe in all conditions boost level) will max out your stock injectors. It may read 95% on your SAFC or what ever but anything over ~80% is potentially unsafe.

But the graph shows the peak 260hp and the 5252 crossover…
If the RPM on the graph is wrong then the lb-ft @ XXXX RPM is wrong making HP (rpm * torque / 5252) wrong…

If the RPM on the graph doesn’t match what your actual engine speed was then HP cannot be accurate…

Not saying you made less hp or anything, infact if the rpm shown is LOWER than it was then you probably made MORE horsepower than 260…

Max,
Dan would be the best to explain this clearly but a dynapack dyno was only plotting incorrectly, not calculating. At least that was my understanding based on what Dan said.

However, taking a second glance at the chart the cross-over at 5252 does seem to line up to the chart which concerns me… hrm…

//edit// the only thing i can think of that would allow the 5252 to still line up would be that instead of the rpm reading being offset by “x” rpm throughout the entire range, the actual ratio from start to finish is not 1:1 and the 5252 is where starts from as a 1:1. I don’t see this being a possibility however…

I don’t see how it can calculate HP without knowing the car’s RPM.
I know that you don’t need to input final drive information for the DYnapack to measure torque accurately (some Dyno’s you do have to enter it)

Anyway… Horsepower is a calculation of WORK, to get an accurate measurement for work you need to take into account Force, Distance, Time.
The number 5252 is the result of several other calculations put together

1 hp is 550 foot pounds per second. meaning the force that can move 550 lbs of say… rocks 1 foot OR 1 lb of rocks 550 feet in one second.

since work is calculated using distance we need to turn rpm into distance.
1 revolution is 360 degrees
The circumference of a circle is 2 x pi x radius, we already know the radius… it’s 1 foot (cause it’s lb-ft torque) so 2 x pi x 1 = 2 x pi
(pi is 3.14159265)

so 2 x 3.14159265 = 6.2831853
Since we need distance per SECOND and not minute (m in rpm is minute) we divide that number by 60
= 0.1047198
Now divide 550 lb-ft by 0.1047198
= 5252.1
so near as needed 5252.

Maybe if you entered all the gear ratios in it would be able to calculate the engine RPM because it knows the exact hub RPM?

Max I already told you that’s what it does…

if you do it in 4th (1:1) you only need to input the final drive ratio.