6 cylinder subaru info

was the H6 ever mounted to a manual transmission? if so do you know what year? If they were not offered in manual can the automatic be build inexpensively.

are there any major reliability issues with it?

I know they never came boosted but is there tuning avaliable for that engine?

does the H6 share any internals with their 4 cylinder lineup such as rods or pistons?

will the motor hold the added power of boost or is it a junk block.

do any after market companies or forums speciialize in this engine?

They had to have different internals made, the block sleeved, etc to get it to hold any sort of power. In short, if you don’t have 20 grand for the engine alone, don’t try making power with one. It’s not worth it…

The stock 2.5L STi engine is good for 500 whp. That’s your best bet.

well that is disapointing. I enjoy the smoothness of a 5 or 6 cylinder I was looking at S4’s to replace the SHO but I fell in love with the 4.2 and I can’t afford that so i’m looking around. i’ll keep looking i guess.

thanks for the info!

another dumb question…with the right exhaust…will a subie H6 out of like a legacy sound like a porche? (same engine set up?)

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:4,topic:38510"”]

another dumb question…with the right exhaust…will a subie H6 out of like a legacy sound like a porche? (same engine set up?)

[/quote]

yeah pretty much

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2856444685918888388&q=subaru+H6&total=55&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

you do know and exhaust note is not the direct product of and exhaust and engine configuration, but essentially you can tune the exhaust to produce the note you want

[quote=“66impalass,post:6,topic:38510"”]

you do know and exhaust note is not the direct product of and exhaust and engine configuration, but essentially you can tune the exhaust to produce the note you want

[/quote]

I know that… kind of like comparing a ls1 to lets say…a 4.6 out of a mustang… you can tell the difference…
or comparing a ls1 to a 4.2 audi v8…

I was just wondering…

[quote=“somedude”"]

was the H6 ever mounted to a manual transmission? if so do you know what year? If they were not offered in manual can the automatic be build inexpensively.

are there any major reliability issues with it?

I know they never came boosted but is there tuning avaliable for that engine?

does the H6 share any internals with their 4 cylinder lineup such as rods or pistons?

will the motor hold the added power of boost or is it a junk block.

do any after market companies or forums speciialize in this engine?

[/quote]

Why do you ask this?

I like 6 cylinders and if I can make 400whp or so with something simple like pistons, rods and a turbo or S/C then i’ll do it in a scooby. i’m making 400whp now with the stock engine in my taurus so I have high expetations of all engines.