67 duramax camaro

Found this on another forum…FullSizeChevy.com

Duramax Camaro

Here is a friend of mines 1967 Camaro with a Duramax that is getting down to the last minute of leave for Drag Week Saturday. This fabbing started about 6 weeks ago and hoping to fire it up tonight. The twins are off a new cummins diesel that are electronic varible vains that we had a controller built to monitor turbo shaft speed and control the boost through this controller. The motor has stock crank and pistons, aftermarket rods and cam and the heads have been ported to the max. The sheetmetal intake was built by a friend of ours Greg Young. We expect around 1000 hp and about 1700 to 1800 ft lbs without nitrous. I will get more pics soon. Mike Woods’ (owner of nx) duramax mustang and this camaro will be heading to up to Drag Week Saturday and will let yall know how everything goes. Both cars are going to be in Diesel Power Magizine.

holy shit

more pics

I just got hard

HAH kick ass!

Awesome!

love it!

I have thought about doing that swap for so long in my trans am , pimp my ride gave me the idea . I think they did a 67 Chevy or something along those lines , but very awesome .

That is quite impressive as far as the work goes.

Numbers are just mind blowing however.

Is this the first of the kind?

Soo nasty!!! Me want diesel!

Not the first of its kind,as i have heard that this has been done before,but these are the first pictures i have seen to prove it has been done . Yea…Numbers are unreal!!!

I saw in a diesel power magazine from maybe a couple years ago, someone swapped a duramax into iirc a Chevelle. So, its not exactly the first diesel swap into an older muscle car, but it may be the first camaro.

I saw that too. Thing was sick! It was only about a year ago IIRC

Sick.
It must have one hell of a front end to support the weight of the motor.

that is gunnna sound so sick

cummins S-10 vs duramax Camaro

holy good god

this is a sick build

Now there’s something different.