Diesel Mustang

In the latest issue of Hot Rod magazine theres coverage of the Drag Week event and in that event theres a '94 Mustang GT with a Duramax diesel that ran a 9.96.
Theres not many details but thats certainly something very different.

see what now another chevy transpalnt in a mustang that runs good ,when are our local mustang fags gonna learn :nana :lol

Well technically its an Isuzu motor.

Shouldve used a Powerstroke but this works I suppose.

:idiots

dont ever under estimate the 6.6 dmax :slight_smile:

“Hey you’re putting Diesel in that thing!”

“Don’t worry it’s my race car!”

:confused :rofl

Vid:

Apparently the guy owns NX.

My friends down on long island swapped a cummins into a viper they got from an auction. it was a stolen recvoery with no motor, trans, driveshaft, or seats

That mustang is retarded. It took him MONTHS to get that thing right, for the ammount of time/money spent he could have been running faster. I laugh at all these idiots doing these swaps…

For some people its all about being different I suppose and it seems like this guy has a ton of money anyway.

Id love to get a slant 6 Mopar and drop in a Cummins 24 valve but the motor weighs about 5 tons.

Yes but if you wanna be different, why the hell would you pick one of THE most used platforms on the face of the earth? :lol You wanna be different buy a 67 Opel, or a Studebaker. I like seeing a car being loyal to its manufacturer, whether its ford, dodge, w/e.

dont hate cause its chevy powered :nana

Shock factor maybe?

I like keeping the same brand motor in a car too with some exceptions like an LS1 in an RX7, etc. Domestic V8’s are ok going into imports.

fixed. ;D

most of chevy is isuzu powered sort of ,look at the lsx motors thats a isuzu planned motor why do ya think they run so well :umm

:wow :crackup

Weird because most of Isuzu is a rebadged Chevy except the heavier trucks and those are mostly 4 banger diesels like the old shitty truck at work. Somehow that POS made it 11 years and 267k though. Its junk but it still runs.

isuzu and chevy have been in bed forever ,most of the geo line was isuzu all diesels have been isuzu ,look into a diesel gas v8 and look at a lsx v8 they almost are identical ,and thats out of a gm reps mouth

Geo was Isuzu for a few years but then they switched to Suzuki and Toyota.

Isuzu does rebadge their heavy trucks as GMC’s though.

I almost never seen regular Isuzu’s like the Colorado rebadge or Assender on the road and German Auto Haus is selling more used cars than new Isuzu’s.

the colorado is a g/m gem the piece that it is but isuzu has been in it for awhile a few small motor suzukis made it into the little geo 3 cyl thing :lol