7/4 You know, Independance Day..

I didn’t get to buy as many fireworks as i would have liked, but i got plenty to keep the sky lit up. So for those of you that haven’t already made plans, or are looking for something to do, we will be having a bonfire, beer, bbq and some fireworks at my house.

If you have been here, you know how to get here, if you haven’t pm me for the address. I would post it but the remarks about fireworks will prevent me from doing that.

BYOB, I have plenty of firewood, and there should be food of some sort kicking around on the grill.

People are coming out at like 5 so anytime after that is cool by me. Explosions once it is dark, and i get everything setup.

Work owns me, but if shit is still going on past 2am or if I get out early I’ll stop by. And maybe fire off those individual firecrackers I have left, as well as the 6 small mortar shells I have left.

are we welcome to bring our own fireworks?

Nice Mike, I should be able to make it :tup:

ill be thurrr after 11.

work owns.

but time and a half pay rules.

diamond reunion FTW, if I dont go down to silver lake im in fo sho

Cool! Bring anything you want, and anyone you want. I will post up a cell phone number the night of, but not before.

If you plan to bring your own fireworks, either set them off before, after, or both. but not during the shit that i have going off, I would hate to see a $30 mortar be distracted by like a rocket lol. Oh, and dont get really drunk THEN set of explosives… Granted everyone in my family are in the medical field in some way or another, but they all live out of state (Lucky bastards), and wont be here to sew you hand back on.

ill try to stop by…maybe meet up with another member thats going

you should bring your… oh wait you sold it :frowning:

hahaha i was gonna make a comment like that…maybe we can talk skunkass into going bri

http://www.laxbuffalo.com/images/4july.jpg

The propane tanks are empty

Some of the mortars are cut off in the pic thanks in part to my bad picture taking skills. All of the tubes on the right are grucci 500’s!, and most of the pieces there are mortars. There are 4 stpid fountains that i guess some people like, and a few aerial repeaters as well as some rockets. I will be building the launch base this afternoon, and maybe but doubtful I will take pictures of the final arrangement.

Oh, and has anyone ever used the “fear no evil” mortar before? It is a 5 break shell, and pretty sizeable! I doubt it will get much lift, but i am wondering how large it is when it blows.

HOLY SHIT!.. I was just testing out one of my mortar racks, needless to say i wont be using it, but anyhow, I dropped a 5 burst shell into it, it went off just fine, but dropped a cinder from the fuse onto a 100 shot repeater next to it. That would have been fine, but as only one shot was intended to go off, i didn’t expect the 100 to be lit. As it was lit, it lit the second 5 breakthat was LYING ON THE GROUND next to it. I ran into the garage as the 5 break knocked over the 100 shot and the two of them played a game of shoot shit at mike and sarah, and the neighbors that were walking down the driveway to say hello. All in all it could have been dangerous, but since no one got hurt, i will call it a lesson and a good reason to take the mortar rach apart and start over.

I wish that i had time this year to build the micro controller for the ignition but i dont so manual and dangerous it has to be :frowning: Next year i will be sitting by the fire with a laptop wirelessly detonating.

GRRRR…

Oh, and for anyone coming, Our neighbor has a truck full of fireworks that he wil be setting off. They are mostly large mortars, so he said we will be having a joint show that will be HUGE. (competition as he put it, but i dont manage a strip club and make an ass load of $$ to burn on fireworks!)

pm me address ill be there.

LOL… oh shut up you…

we shall see!

MEH did about 4 times that last nite at my friends house in Batavia

I wanted lots more, but didn’t have all the $$ to blow on it, and the neighbors have about 4x that so all combined it should be huge.

arent more people coming, this will be a bomb show

yea i might head up…

we moved things back a little and i didn’t post it here oops… most of my friends ended up having to work today, and will be out around 7ish FYI… but i really dont care when people come over I am just chillin eating a hot dog. mmmm weiners

ill be by after dinner