87 S10

does the cameraman have parkinsons or suttin . sounds ok though

does sound good. nice man!

sweet truck for sure. makes me want to build a first gen. nice work man.

Couple more pics to give an idea of the color… Should be all done getting cleared by mid-week then assembling, wet sand and buff.

love the color!

Hell yea dude, lookin good!!

that blue looks titties!!! or wait shit thats the shirt of the girl in your sig :lol

but it is a sick color

Thanks Guys… The blue is “Electron Blue” from 02-03 Z06 and I’m doing 2 Quicksilver (another vette color) rally stripes on the cowl.

Sick color. make sure they color sand what looks to be a little orange peel out prior to clear! Make that shit mirrored kiid.

Is that the blue with a slight green pearl to it?

It’s not done being cleared and assembled yet… It will get wet sanded and buffed once it’s all back in one piece.

you want to wetsand the color coat to get a true mirror i believe.

yeah thats what I was talking about. its called color sanding.

you block down the color coats so that if there is a slight “orange peel” in the base coat(s) if doesnt get multiplyed when the clear coat is laid.

its alot of work, and you have to be VARY carefull color sanding edges and angles on the panels because the base coats are rather thin and you will easily cut right through them into the primer. picture a 90 deg curve, gravity will take the paint off the face of the edge and pull it down each side, so if the paint is say 3 mills thick on the flat surfaces the edges are only 1 mill thick. follow?

Many shops dont color sand becasue of the time envolved, and the risk of cuttinginto the primer and having to spot the basecoat back in to fix the mistake. If they tell you, “oohhh color sanding is only for people who cant paint” is BS.

look at any $20k+ paint job on a show car. they are color sanded between all the coats and effect paints used. then cleared, cut and buffed.

edit: color sanding colored metalic base coats is VERY sktechy BTW. When you shoot a basecoat color WITH metalic in it, you cover the panel to get the color solid on the panel, then turn up the pressure a little and mist the panel to lay the metalic in the paint out evenly so it doesnt look splotchy.

therefore when you color sand it , if you spend too much time in one spot, you will make the metalic look splotchy and risk seeing your sanding marks.

Thats also why high end effect paint jobs are done in many layers. solid basecoat color, color sanded out flat. Metalic or pearl is mixed into a clear and shot. color sanded then your candies or straight clears over that. that way you are only blocking down each layer in uniform.

He’s not wet sanding in between color and clear. He said he would be concerned with the metallic and pearl getting f’d up… I’m okay with that, the last vehicle he painted for me he didn’t wet sand in between and it came out good.

It’s also tough to see what’s going on in the pics… Cell phone, in a garage… The Pic of the bed was after it’s first coat of clear, which is really the sticky base for the 2nd and 3rd… I think it’s gonna come out great.

No doubt :thumbup like i said its sketchy color sanding the effect base coats. If its the color I am thinking, it does look great with the pearl in it too!

yeah I am sure it will look much better with a proper pic, and even then pics never do justice you know. its all good broski.

It better be all good, I know where your girlfriend sleeps. :ninja

Was that you oustide my window this morning?

Bwahahaha… Your taking my build thread off topic, knock it off bitch.

YES Electron Blue FTW!!! I wanted an Electron Blue Z SOOO bad until i found mine. I love them in red as well (obvy) that is such an awesome color. Your going to love it on that truck.