'89 240sx

this is probably a LONG shot.
i bought this car in august from ontario, i currently live in sask
the car cant be registered here and due to the lack of 240 owners in sask, it would be very hard to part it out.
body has a new paintjob around 216,xxx km
5spd,white,power everything, sunroof. evyerthing basically works.
i paid $2200 for the car…shipping was around $800
engine still pulls strong.
new windshield and upper cowl
no rust on body
again i dont expect this to sell due to distance.
id hate to part this out on ebay.
:frowning:

Why would you need to part it out? And if you do, why would you post the price you paid for it? No stock parts car is worth over $1,000.

If you want to sell it here, you will definitely have to take a loss on it, if you can’t sell it in sask, then maybe you could find a buyer here, you will never get the shipping back though…

Why don’t you try to sell it to someone closer, Vancouver maybe?

i dont know ontario’s policy on registering
but in sask if you can prove the car you bought was already registered in sask, then it does not need a safety
the car runs good and everything works
rusty frame

How much are you selling your car for?

open to offers
again im expecting to take losses and im pretty sure this wont sell on here due to the distance

dude, this car can be registered in Sask… no question.

firstly, the car is 15 years old meaning that no matter where on earth it was first sold it can be registered and driven anywhere in canada under the same laws that permit the importation of R32 skylines etc.

talk to the guys at www.importconcern.ca

they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

i dont know who told you you cant drive it in sask, if it was a lady at the DMV go and slap the bitch in the face…

car needs an out of province inspection
been twice , they just called us back in 30 mins saying the frame is rusted and to come get the car.

so, the car is only good for parts? or the car is still drivable?
frame is rusty…so, the car is not certifiable because of the rust…??

thanks

car is drivable, everything works as mentioned before
just rusty frame is the only thing thats holding it back from being inspected here

cool…can you post some pics of the car please?

Is the frame so far gone that it can’t be repaired? I had to have the front and back on both sides completely built again because they were so bad there was almost no steel left. After I had it done MTO had to inspect it and she passed no problem. I’m not sure what welders charge around there but I had mine done for $300. Spend the cash and get her on the road. The 240 is definately a car worth sinking some cash into.

front back and both sides of the frame repaired? for $300???
we were quoted an “average” of $2-3.5 k to fix it
on my car there are holes in the frame the size of tennis balls. there is almost nothing holding on the front bumper, and the gas tank needs new supports
if a mod can move this to a different section, thatd be great becuase this wont sell anyways.

Moved to Car Chat.

You might be in a better position if you try to get a few more quotes on how much it would cost to repair the frame and fix the bumper support, the gas tank supports should be an easy fix.