$8k electric Del Sol

This seems like a huge waste of time and money. Love the fact that you can only go 20 miles around trip with it.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2773930496.html

:rofl At the volt meter taped to the dash. Clean install bro.

how does that even pass inspection?

20/30 miles. Getting groceries isnt even feasible anymore with that.

pre 1996?

oh snap, nvm that fuckers a 97…

i like it, and i drive less than 20 miles to get to work and back…

I guess he was headed in the right direction , but man … 20 miles? No thanks ha

doesnt the nissan leaf go like 60 miles? this dude didnt do all that bad

Fucking wire nuts :facepalm

I remember seeing pictures of this in 05 or 06. I’m impressed. If you think about when the guy did it that would have been some cutting edge shit.

Lets assume 15 miles total each day.

years worth of driving to work: 5 days a week, 52 weeks. 260days a year.

3900 miles a year. (I envy you BTW)

Electric Sol:
$8000 investment. No fuel charges.

Dump truck with a big block (5mpg):
$2500 for the turd dump truck. 780 gallons of fuel consumed or $2808 in fuel charges. $5308 total investment.

Moral of the story, you could drive a dump truck to work everyday for a year and save $2692 doing so instead of buying that DelSol.

:rofl

not including the $.15 per Kwh to charge the batteries…

thats why im still driving the FJ rather than swapping it for something better on fuel :lol

my range on the truck is only about 200 miles/tank, and i still only need to fill it once per week

Ohhh good point!

Fuck that, ill get a big extension cord and plug it into the neighbors house! LOL

yeah seriously! If I lived that close to work i would drive a tractor trailer to work, just to park it and have people say WTF?

24 hour laundrymat ftw! lol i used to charge my cell phone at a laundrymat all the time when i was not near my house but had a wall charger around.

ShopRite on balltown has electric car parking with free charging station :number1

^ i need a cord from one of those to my hot tub…

I drive less than 2 miles to work and every store around i go to is less than 4 miles away from my apartment. Shit would save me like $25 every two weeks in gas lol

i feel like this guy would take half of what hes asking just because no one is gonna wanna realistically buy this…