90' s13, what are 2 wire colours that turn on the fuel pump ? at the sending unit

hey guys i need to get gas out of a tank thats on a 90’ s13, ignition power is not an option

all i have access to is the plug where the sending unit plugs into the chassis harness, there is a couple of wires there, two are to power the pump, the rest for gas level gauge signal

what are the two wire colours that power on the pump so I can pump the gas through the fuel lines ?

if anyone knows would be great,
thanks

Grab a multimeter and check!

check what ? theres no chassis harness ?

continuity. the ground/signal should form a loop that you can check for continuity…

I believe my wires were, white-ish (yelloed from fuel stains) 1 with a brown line…?IRC

i believe the power is the “black with Yellow strip”… From what I remember the outter wires are the power and ground and the inner two are the wires for telling you the level of fuel

thanks boys will try today

Just worked on mine - looking at the connectors from left to right when standing behind the car: 1st is low fuel, second is pump ground, 3rd is fuel level, 4th (far right) is pump power. I’m upstairs n cleaned up now. Tommorrow I’ll list the wiring colors as well.

thanks man let me know i’ve yet to get to it, i’ll wait for your reply before i start

juniors got it

jump the two outer wires, b/y to b

Ok. This is for my 90 S13. From earlier post the connectors on the tank top dont really go left to right, more on an angle like front nearer driver then each one along towards pass rear bumper. Wires are from closest to driver each along towards rear bumper as: Yellow/green -low fuel, Blue/Red - Pump grnd, Yellow - Fuel sender, White/purple - Pump power. GLW the fix.

this was god,

i stripped the insulation and twisted on a cigatte lighter plug and plugged it into my elimator booster pack and had the gas pumping in 3 minutes…

thanks for the colours, i love it when people know what they are talking about

haha oops

in my defense, i missed the whole part where you wrote its for a 1990

i looked it up quick but that was from a 91 FSM

definitely didnt know the zenki and chuki used different colors

until now!

haha its all good! thanks for everyones help

Ur welcome. Glad it helped. Next time I get stuck I know who to call for a hand :slight_smile: