93 Honda Civic 5 speed Del sol Si 125k $1500

Wondering whats wrong with the hood and why its propped up / duct taped down. Front end accident or something?

Del Sol’s are 4 lug right? Disc in front drum in rear?

They are 4 lug but Si models did come with rear disc brakes. You can almost see the caliper in the first pic.

seems clear it has been in atleast two minor accidents of some kind…considering the scrape on one side and dent on the other

they may have been enough to bend the hood like that

What does it need to pass inspection?

Ah yes
Thanks

Sold

SOLD

Warranty you say?

Sold but till waiting on this lean release…what’s the dilly yo? you die because you’re not returning my texts…not cool.

Yea the lien release turned me away. I was gonna pull the trigger but after hearing that I closed the wallet

Lien on a $1500 car…yikes.

i could see someone taking out a 5 year loan 4 years ago for $5000 for it, and still owing $1000-$1500 on it

mike is a good guy, and i doubt he would dick anyone over

Well he told me there was no lien and his friend was waiting for it to show up in the mail yet 2 weeks have gone by and nothing. I’ve sold my car and received my lien release in a week.

I also though he was a pretty straight dude but I’m starting to think differently.

Sorry things have been out of control busy for me… (just ask coldaccord about me responding to texts)

the owner (3 owners ago) who had the lien is named Kevin Young, Im using the previse owner to contact said owner. its a GMAC loan 1-800-200-4622 you could call them and ask if there is an outstanding loan I know there is not.

Ive been texting the lean owner when you text me but apparently he wasn’t super motivated to get the lean being 3 owners out and over 5 years ago. as soon as he gets it tho you will get a text.

Fax the title to gmac, get the lein release in a few days if there isn’t any money owned

I bought a car once with a lean on the title, reg’d it no prob after I called m&t and confirmed there was no $ owed. Then when I sold it, I just gave the kid the title with the lien still on it and the release paperwork

I don’t see what the big deal is if it’s paid off

It shouldn’t be.

The DMV has to be notified that the lien has been satisfied or it will always be on the title. As long as there is paperwork showing no money owed on the vehicle, you should be fine and when you go to register it again, turn the lien release in proving the loan has been satisfied to get the lien off the title.

Ultimately any car is “buyer beware” without a clean title or a release in hand. I do feel a seller (especially a dealer that knows the ropes) should have the release on hand prior to offering a vehicle for sale, but it’s really up to the buyer to demand this up front. I’m sure this will work itself out, I’m just shocked it was listed for sale forever and no legwork was done all along to secure a lien release.

Note that you held onto the release and provided it to your buyer…that’s how it’s supposed to go down.

Ally has taken over GMAC auto loans…

Someone should make a lien sticky because this topic comes up every other week with the same clueless posts.

I’d be interested in a lien informational post, some of the cars I’m looking at have a lien that money is still owed so it would be nice to have some type of preferred method to handle it.