93 Honda Civic 5 speed Del sol Si 125k $1500

I am not a dealer, i work for a dealer as a mechanic. (i have no idea on the dealer end. I know how to turn a wrench and tune ECU’s)

the car was my brothers, i did not recive the title till there was interest in the car that is when i found out about the lein. I know its paid off. just the release was lost.

I sold my bike with a lien, I got 2 checks, one to bank, one to me for the balance, after they got a certified payoff. Mailed check to them, they sent him the tittle with release, I signed, life was good. Getting to that point with Suzuki/Hsbc offshore bullshit bank was a cawk-sucker though. Once I got past the first two lines of durka-defense, I was golden.

I just realized this was sold…finally!:bigtup:

The bank should be able to provide some some sort of proof the lien is old and loan has been satisfied.

Still waiting…

cetainly could use some information right about now, that’s forsure.

Ugh still ?

What are you waiting on?! do you have the title with the lien on it? This is not a big deal, you’re making it one

1. Look at the title, who holds the lien?
  2. Call the company that holds the lien, and ask them if there is any money owed.
  3. If there isn’t, go and register the car! The lien will carry over to your new title!
  4. Once you receive your new title, fax a copy of it to the lien holder. I hand wrote “need lien release please” on it and faxed it
  5. Get lien release in the mail The next week
  6. When you sell the car, give buyer the title and release!

Wow!

This should be it’s own stickied post.

Well if your really unsure about this give me till the end of the month and if there is still nothing bring back the car and title and ill buy it back… 1500 is not worth my reputation.

If there’s no lien for certain I’ll buy it off him for $1,200 do the legwork and get the release. LOL
I understand his frustration but he’s not being very proactive on the solution.

If he has the title in hand, and knows there is nothing owed on the car, the buyer is just an idiot.

I’m 100% sure there is no lean. Ive been super busy. and your right he could do the leg work. Jam spelled it out nicely. but its not worth this head ace for 1500.
Plus i just sold my A6 so i could use a beater. definitely a solid car for the money. ill probably just rock it till i can get the release.

Or lazy, or wants to bitch and be in victim mode. At first I was siding with him a bit, though I said all along no release at time of purchase becomes buyer’s responsibility, not the sellers. At this point options are there and you spelled out in steps what can be done. I only want to hear back bitching if there is a lien and the car was sold fraudulently (which I’m confident isn’t the case). Any further bitching is victim mode banter.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I offer $1200 for the car, I’ll get the release. :slight_smile:

*EDIT! for info to get the title cleared.

It IS THIS simple!

ha I love how people talk shit as if they know what is going on.

I’m an idiot because the seller said he was currently in the process of getting the lien? Fuck off, dude. Naturally I’m going to expect a lien if a seller says it’s on its way. I’m obviously going to call the bank but can’t do shit until I get the title in and if you haven’t notice there are a lot of people that’s unclear about getting liens off titles.

Lame statement after you’re the one came forward as the buyer, brought it to the forefront and mentioned it, of course ppl are going to express views and opinions.
You could have handled it privately between you and the seller. Either you really don’t know how to handle a title with lien on it or just want to put the seller on blast for a $1500 car.
If you were that worried about it, thought ahead or had any doubt you would have handled this BEFORE you purchased and took delivery of the car. Put a deposit on the car, get a receipt and wait for the lien release to come back, then complete the transaction.

do you even know what a lien / lien release is??? jesus. ok, step by step

1. do you have the title, or can you go and read the goddamn vin off of one of the many stampings on the car; and do you know who holds the lien?

and bakes, i just went the way i wrote it bc i needed my car reg’d that day.

also, the lady was DUMPING HER DECENT, OLDER HONDA FOR AROUND $1200 and i figured SINCE I WAS GETTING A PRETTY DECENT DEAL on a PRETTY DECENT CAR and she was a BUSY mother of 2, i would just do the legwork for her

this is really so easy, and not a big deal

Just giving ppl another idea/option.
Apparently everything needs to be spelled out.

Updates?

I think Mike ended up keeping it, he said he was going to earlier

Blueaccord has it. i picked up a MK3 Vr6 for a beater.