95 Integra SE system install

ok so im putting my system in my newly purchased 95 integra special edition. im having some problems though, i have my interior basically stripped down to just the carpet and i can’t find a rubber grommet under the glove box to run my power wire from the battery (one 4 gauge and one 8 gauge). also i can’t figure out how to run the speaker wire to the front speakers since the harness to the door is clipped in. someone please help me!!

dont put a system in a integra then

Why put a system in a car with no interior, it will sound awful

just cut the clips off and solder more wire onto the end of it and put the slide on clip things on the end of the wires. you dont need to run new speaker wires. i drilled a hole below the glove box on my sisters integra for here system to run the power wire

lol no no i meant that i pulled to interior out to run new wire and shit

well im running a standalone amp for my speakers so i can’t really use the existing wire

Ahhh got it, so if your running a stand alone amp and shit why not just zip tie the new wire to the exiting harness ?

There should be a grommet in the fire wall. I went through one on my 94 when I had a system.

^ x2.

Don’t drill a hole.

well the existing harness that goes into the door from the interior is a direct clip, theres no space to run the new wire through the door

i found the grommet, thankfully before i found the drill :mamoru:

I ran a amp to all 6 speakers in my 5.0
The factory clip behind the stereo already has wire running to the speakers. find out witch wires run to those speakers, cut them and run wire from your amp to that harness.

Need pictures?

thank god lol

A drill really isn’t that bad of a thing if you do it properly.

No, it’s not awful but the grommet hole is perfect with no drilling. What you should do '91DA is drill a hole in the grommet then run the 4ga through that. Clean.

i actually got 4 and 8 through it :slight_smile:

i think thats what i ended up doing, but if you got pictures just to make sure i didn’t epic fail on this one, that would be great

Yeah, I’m confused as to why drilling a hole in the firewall is sooooo bad. I’ve done it plenty of times for gauge install and wiring shit on a lot of peoples cars. I also grommet all of my holes and it all looks like it’s from the factory anyway.

good, that’s the way to do it. However, if there is already a hole… no point in drilling, you know?