96 Integra GSR ABS Light On

Ok, my ABS light came on today while driving home. I need to know if it is OK to drive, or should I break the other car out again.

Next, I need to know what might be the root cause of this? I don’t have a service manual to start diagnosing this and I am not too familiar with Acuras yet.

could be abs sensor ( wheel sensor) just get your abs light scaned

You will be fine driving it. Your ABS won’t engage though if needed. It is most likely one of your sensors. There is a green wire harness just under the dash by the kick panel on the passenger side. If you short two of the wires in the harness (I forget which ones, you’ll have to find that out), the ABS light will flash a sequence, and the sequence will tell you which senser is shot (front right, etc). I also forget what sequence corresponds to which sensor. So you will have to find out which wires and what the sequences are. I believe its in the Haynes manual for the car.

hah youll be fine to drive. mines been on for 2 yrs now =P

but yea the ABS wont work.

if you go to:
honda-acura.net
team-integra.net

they will have the codes for the teg…once you find out how…let me know ive always wanted to fix that =D

Replacing the sensors are cake. The only problem is they all tend to go together. I had all of mine go one at a time in one month intervals. I think the sensor was 100 bucks if I remember. But now that I think of it, I am almost positive that the procedure I explained above is in the Haynes manual. My copy is at my parents house right now, or I would be able to tell you for certain.

found the info:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=222746&SearchPagePosition=1&search="abs"&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

did it end up being a sensor?

one of mine is shot and I’m waiting for it to get here in the mail.

it’s ok to drive… but remember that when you turn off ABS in a car designed for it there is a good chance your brake proportioning will be off. This won’t matter / you won’t notice until you get HARD on the brakes.

I found this one out the fun way at the glen this summer when I threshold braked hard going into a turn and the back of the car started to walk sidesways @ 100mph… had to back off a little and regain control while entering a turn.

Yeah. Looks like it is the right rear wheel speed sensor. Going to try cleaning it tonight and see if it helps and if not, replace it next week.

And I don’t drive this car hard enough to really worry about proportioning. Hills and pot holes make me drive sanely. Plus the gas mileage is better:D

this look like the part I need? http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=RAY&MfrPartNumber=ABS530158&PartType=1061&PTSet=A

I HAVE ONE!

I actually have two. They came with my rear disc conversion.

see link below for my parts sale :slight_smile:

Sold if you can ship them to me and they work for my car. Do you know the mileage on them and if they will work with a 96? (I know the ABS system is said to have changed between 94-97 and 98-01. Not sure if the sensors changed too)

No clue. Maybe look around on the dealer sites and see if the part numbers are the same?

I bought them from a guy in Corning who bought a wrecked car for parts… so no clue on the mileage either.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

You can look up the part number in here. This is a good resource for random parts for acuras. You will be able to find the part number here.

mine comes on too. i cant seem to pull the code though because it never stays on. boooo

looks like the RR has the same part number, but the left rear is different for some reason. Either way, I need the right one for sure, so I will take them. PM with my address and paypal if you want to request the funds from my I will get those along.

And brett, Mine had been doing that where it would come on until I turned the car off, then it would go away. I guess i finally pissed it off enough to stay on. Also, I sugesst a large paperclip as the small one I used I had to hold there inorder for it to work.

Have you tried cleaning yours also, I have heard this helps as they get dirty and “appear” to fail.

yeah, i’ve attemped to check it, but it keep going away and giving me a “no codes”. i havent tried cleaning them yet, but i will be this weekend or next week. i locked them up when someone cut me off the other day, close call, its time to fix the problem.

Well, I cleaned mine. Broke off both bolts that hold the cover on. So now I need to drill them out. Didn’t work for me though. still got the light. MXS should be here sunday though with replacement parts.

good job on finding the link jimmyfloyd

THATS WHY WE PICKED YOU TO BE ON THIS TEAM DAMN IT! GOOD JOB GOOD JOB!:clap: