ABS is F*@#ing pissing me off WTF

So my ABS light came on and when I checked it, it threw code 11, passenger side abs sensor. I replaced the sensor with a new used one that came off of a car and the sensor was working on that car because it wasnt throwing a code on his car. When I replaced it, the light didnt go off and its still throwing the code 11. I pulled the clock/radio fuse because I thought that that re-set the codes but it didnt turn the light off. What else could be the problem? I had my axle replaced when my swap was done and someone on H-T said that the abs ring might not have been transfered onto the new axle. Any ideas? Im at my wits end, this is driving me nuts.

pulling a fuse isnt nessisarily going to reset the ecu. disconnect the battery and wait about 10mins hook it back up. what kind of car is this. sounds like honda if your pulling a fuse to reset codes, if thats the case IIRC zerodaze said wait 20mins for that

first off what kinda car, second alot of time u NEED to replace the whole hub assm. in a situation like this. not just the sensor-they usually work hand-in-hand.

Sometimes the abs sensor is grounded to somewhere on the chassis like mine is and it gets corroded over time, if you can get the wiring diagram of your car you should be able to find it.

^ thats true too, a wire brush is all it takes and some silicone lube spray

cars a Prelude. I was told that the sensor is all that need to be replaced on my car. How can I tell if its the Hub that needs to be replaced?

when you pull the abs sensor off was it rusted to crap? if so you probably need to replace the hub also, sometimes you can clean it but good luck

No the old sensor looks fine. Could it possibly be a fuse for the sensor? I dunno I’m about to give up on this.

the only fuse there should be is for the abs unit itself, all the sensors run through that

But that would probably set off its own ABS CEL right? Where can I find a wiring diagram for my car online?

http://carfiche.com/manuals019/cars/ see if they have yours

Sounds like it might be a problem with the exciter ring.

Nope they dont

What is that? What do I look for? I looked on that site for my diagram and its not on it.

did you check continuity on the wires? get a pinout diagram and a multimeter and make sure the wores aren’t broken/grounding.

Where can I find a pinout diagram? I googled it and came up with nothing useful.

get a factory service manual on CD, it should have the information you require.

did you click on the link i posted? it has free service manuals in pdf form

nice find on that site.

ya but it doesnt have mine which is a 98